• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
07-07-2006, 04:06 AM,
RE: SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
Alby Wrote:Rommel....
yes the +10 is still in effect, but only for "elite" formations.
not ALL tigers are in elite formations.
sounds like you just got a bad luck of the draw on your particular game.
or the Campaign designer started the units out having low experience so they could gain experience points battle by battle, so they did not turn into to supermen too soon in the campaign.
Campaigns and Scenarios are not always the best way to judge how a unit or country performs as designers often times, alter things to their liking.
The Tigers I bought were always in elite formations...the campaign I played was modifed by you(I think ) to work in Enh.
I think the problem is giving them the base exp 65(which I think should be the same as Soviets 70)....and I tried many times to re-buy but I always end up with crap crews of low exp.

Quote:and this message board is waaaayyy to slooooow
yeah, that's true...
"Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, and brains saves both."
"The best form of welfare for the troops is first-rate training."
"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
Field Marshall
Erwin ROMMEL
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2006, 05:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-07-2006, 05:33 AM by Alby.)
ROMMEL_HSQ Wrote:
Alby Wrote:Rommel....
yes the +10 is still in effect, but only for "elite" formations.
not ALL tigers are in elite formations.
sounds like you just got a bad luck of the draw on your particular game.
or the Campaign designer started the units out having low experience so they could gain experience points battle by battle, so they did not turn into to supermen too soon in the campaign.
Campaigns and Scenarios are not always the best way to judge how a unit or country performs as designers often times, alter things to their liking.
The Tigers I bought were always in elite formations...the campaign I played was modifed by you(I think ) to work in Enh.
I think the problem is giving them the base exp 65(which I think should be the same as Soviets 70)....and I tried many times to re-buy but I always end up with crap crews of low exp.

Quote:and this message board is waaaayyy to slooooow
yeah, that's true...

Yes I "edited" Watchword Freedom, but that only involves making sure the units have the right weapons, Icons, etc etc....
In other words, so you dont see an INF unit armed with a 150mm howitzer.
which happens when units, formations and weapons get moved around.
they no longer "jive" with older designed Scenarios and Campaigns.
As i explained, the designer most likely wanted the Germans starting out with lower EXP so they could gain Exp battle to battle.
Base EXP of 65 for Germans in 1944 and Soviets of 70 is not a "problem"
they should not be equal by this point in the war.

Events of 1944

Americans and Australians continue advances in Pacific. Japanese Tojo cabinet resigns.
Germans pushed out of France by American, British and Canadian and Free French assault. German counteroffensive in Belgium is unsuccessful. British advance to Arnhem fails. French, Dutch and Belgian resistance offer significant help to Allies.
Rome falls. German front line in Italy retreats north.
Soviets enter Estonia, Latvia and Poland. Recapture Vitebsk and plan great thrust towards Warsaw/Berlin. Belgrade captured. Yugo partisans supplied with Allied weapons.
Romania surrenders to Russians joins allies
Free Greeks take Rimini, Italy
Civil war in Greece.
Japanese forces enter India and are replulsed. British and Indian troops push Japanese into Burma.
German experience suffers as conscripts and men previously unfit for service are pressed into the front line.

Once again.
The terms 'experience' and 'morale' are simple words whose definitions are easy to find in any dictionary but in relation to the Game, these words gain a looser meaning.
'Experience' could be defined as the ability of the unit to score a hit on a target - or to avoid being hit by an incoming shot.
'Morale' could be defined as the willingness of a unit to continue to fight.

The combination of the two values plus the National Characteristic will determine how the unit performs. Certainly, taken alone, a 5 point difference is not great.

You seem like you only want to play where your units are superior to, or equal to the enemy.
This is simply not always going to be the case, nor should it be.
so your units have low Exp in the first battle. adapt and overcome, lead them thru battle after battle and they gain more and more experience.
This is in fact, one of the main essences of SPWAW Campaigns.

Send this user an email
07-07-2006, 05:48 AM,
Alby you really don't understand my point, having rifle sqd or normal PzIV with low exp is ok with me...but buying a SS Tiger with 55 exp will be very bad (in PBEM I mean, bcz I'm usually playing as germany ;) )

and I'm telling you again the units I'm talking about are bought by my and were not added by the campaing author.

sorry if I don't make any sense
"Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, and brains saves both."
"The best form of welfare for the troops is first-rate training."
"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
Field Marshall
Erwin ROMMEL
07-07-2006, 06:02 AM,
I just started a couple random battles
one in june 44
the other june 45

I bought 2 SS Armor Plts in each year.

the 2 Tigers in 1944
1.EXP 85
2.EXP 82

1.EXP 79
2.EXP 75

You are not always going to get ALL units with 55 Exp, nor ALL with EXP 85
As you see My Tigers had very good Exp levels.
but they are not the only units in that formation, other units were lower or higher.
Just because they are "Tigers" doesnt automatically give them better or worse Experience than any other unit in the formation.
The game doesnt say "oh look, its a Tiger, I better bump up the Exp on him"
it is a random thing.
I dont know how to explain it further.
:conf:
Send this user an email