• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Smoking your own
06-23-2006, 04:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2006, 04:38 AM by Hobbes.)
Smoking your own
Hi Folks, this is something I don't ever recall being discussed (although I may have missed it)

What do you think about bringing down smoke from artillery on your own position. It's one of those things I have always felt a little uneasy about without really thinking about it. It can make a strong position - especially a bunker - almost impossible to take if you have enough smoke to keep your chaps under cover turn after turn.

Was this tactic ever used in reality? To cover a withdrawl I can understand but as a boost to a defensive position it seems a little dodgy. If there is a problem I suppose it goes back to the need to disrupt before you can assault and smoke makes this very difficult (we could also talk about the problem of disrupting 6x1 units or how much easier it is to disrupt 1 unit of 6).

A possible change somewhere here for Matrix to consider? Not a big deal just a discussion point if you are bored, drunk or both.

Cheers, Chris
Quote this message in a reply