• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Banning
06-19-2006, 12:46 AM,
Banning
Its customary when someone is Banned that an explanation is provided as to why they have been.

This serves another purpose, which is to provide a pointer for acceptable postings here and conversely what isnt considered acceptable.

I know CANUK has been a pain in the proverbial lately, but can we know just what he was doing with only 8 posts to get him a ban?

From a personal point of view, I wont miss him, however he did give the Blitz some years of sterling service and although I never really did see eye to eye with him, I did respect his forthrightness. My only wish is that it is not a vendetta because he left the staff and knows a lot of what went on and goes on behind the scenes.

Please dont take this as Trolling, it is genuinely not meant to be as he may be the first person I have ever seen banned here without an explanation.
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2006, 01:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-19-2006, 01:32 AM by Steel God.)
RE: Banning
Hi Geordie;
He was banned for repeated violations of Rules 5 and 20. It is not our intention to elaborate publicly beyond that.

regards; Paul
06-19-2006, 02:07 AM,
Your choice, your site. Smells bad, but we play by the Blitz rules and your descisions are final. Rule 5? He hasnt played a game for 3 months, rule 20, well you probably have him there as more than a few of his posts and threads are deleted now and we cant tell.

Still, the Blitz is much larger than the sum of its parts.
06-19-2006, 02:37 AM,
We consider ourselves pretty open minded and tolerant Geordie, despite the occasional appearance to the contrary. We've banned 4 players across all of the ladders in 7+ years, and I can assure you we document very well before we act, giving everyone the fullest benefit of the doubt.

Regards; Paul
06-20-2006, 01:35 AM,
Paul,

I'm not arguing with the decision made, nor questioning anyone's integrity.

I'll just make an observation.

Most institutions, gaming clubs included, run best under the "Sunshine principle". A transparent process keeps everything out in the open, eliminates nagging suspicions and has a saluatory effect on all involved.
06-20-2006, 01:55 AM,
Quote:Most institutions, gaming clubs included, run best under the "Sunshine principle". A transparent process keeps everything out in the open, eliminates nagging suspicions and has a saluatory effect on all involved.

Publically airing the dirty laundry is not beneficial to the community, club or anyone else involved.

06-20-2006, 02:26 AM,
I respectfully disagree with you Bill, but I've sent you a pm rather than continue here.
06-20-2006, 10:29 AM,
Tanker Wrote:Paul,

Most institutions, gaming clubs included, run best under the "Sunshine principle". A transparent process keeps everything out in the open, eliminates nagging suspicions and has a salutatory effect on all involved.

I've sent you a private message on the subject Tanker. I don't take your question as argumentative, and I'm not trying to keep anyone in the dark. I simply find there is no added value in reliving unpleasantness in an open forum.

Paul
06-21-2006, 06:10 AM,
Steel God Wrote:
Tanker Wrote:Paul,

Most institutions, gaming clubs included, run best under the "Sunshine principle". A transparent process keeps everything out in the open, eliminates nagging suspicions and has a salutatory effect on all involved.

I've sent you a private message on the subject Tanker. I don't take your question as argumentative, and I'm not trying to keep anyone in the dark. I simply find there is no added value in reliving unpleasantness in an open forum.

Paul

The most utopian form of society is that of one controlled by either one, or a group of philosopher kings... men and women completely disconnected from any base incentives to rule, and with their entire focus on justice, benevolence and equality as well meted as possible.

Although, I doubt any of the blitz staff are as virtuously enlightened as the philosopher kings of old, I do feel that they are perhaps as well grounded a ruling body as one could possibly desire.

I would msyelf prefer dictatorship under a benevolent ruler or philosopher king than allow the iniquities and perversions that do unfortunately exist within our democratic system to distemper the issues that face us. What other good could come of dragging anyone's name around, labelling accusations and causing disquiet or unrest? If there was such a need, I have the most stolid belief that our custodians and blitz staff would thus so alert us.

Leto

(It looks like I received a negative reputation mark for this post. No name was left. If whoever left that negative reputation mark would like to pm me, I'd be happy to discuss.) I'd like to know what you found so "disagreeable".
06-21-2006, 11:40 PM,
Leto-

Maybe the negative mark was because ...

**So Leto, you big "think your so smart" arsehole of a veteran... get to the point. Not that I'll listen to you because I think your a pretentious bag of wind... (but I'll read on anyways... ahem).**

LOL