• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tag Team Trash Talk (T4)
06-28-2006, 06:11 AM,
RE: Tag Team Trash Talk (T4)
In my game with Gen SP, the coins were USMC.. and they went mostly where they were supposed to (at least the one's that showed up did).. perhaps my ROK's targets were too close to the edge map from where the attack entered.. and they were F-86's not MiG's (or almost MiG's like the Chinese have)

from the input it looks like it might be wiser to buy bombers next time..

As far as Grimmie Big Grin shooting up my para's.. I'm pretty sure he will run out of ammo way before he can kill everything.. and most of my guys have some decent anti-armor teeth.. besides - if he's using all his ammo against para's then he can't shoot down helo's :whis:

-Greybeard
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2006, 06:18 AM,
:happy: The shoe is on the other foot for GRUMMI:happy: He dropped a BN of Soviet Desantniki on my head in the last game. He can chase the buggers now:P
06-28-2006, 06:52 AM,
Nah. GB dropped right on top of my reserve Armor Company. Chasing them down won't be the problem. Killing those 90mm Para RR will. I actually pulled back a little. I want to fight at about 9 to 12 hexes. On the Down side, I no longer have any punch to my reserve. Still not sure if I want to move my reserve Mech Company up to help out the armor or pull out some rifle squads out of the line and send them back to help the armor.
Para drops sure put a little excitment back into things. I might do what you did to me, and just pull back and let thm do what they will. There is only 1 V-flag in that area and I never stood any chance of getting ALL the v-flags anyway, since they were shotgunned. Once on the ground Paras are almost immobile. I can move the Mortars that are threatened and just post some scouts from my reserve to keep an eye on the paras and keep on with what I'm doing.:smg:
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
06-28-2006, 07:30 AM,
Para drops put a serious wrench in your OODA cycle. That one of yours had me blinking at the screen for some time. Then came the foul languageBig Grin Then came the counter-attack that destroyed 1 company, then the realization that it was a lose-lose situation and finally the 34th principle of deception;) I was just lucky to have some engineers in the back. The funny thing is is that was the only game that I did'nt buy some Rear Area security for(MPs) A real nail biter. Too bad there is'nt a monitor function for SP so one can be a fly on the wall in others games.

cheers
06-28-2006, 11:45 AM,
They sure do. We each have 3 air strikes so I wasn't that suprised. I was disapointed by my AD. SA-2's, Ho-dongs or what ever those chinese trucks mouting SA-8's are and the good ol' ZSU-23 in Chinese. Plus a dozen or so SA-7's and not a single C-47 was hit. That hurt and it's why I'm going to have to decide how to deal with those paras. If my AD had done right, I would have gotten half those paras in their planes. Oh well, Murphy always has an opinion.
I actully am more concerned about the Air Mobile guys. They can be dropped off, and then picked up and moved agin. Although that is sort of dicey. Plus it's almost impossible to exploit mistakes with paras, while the air moblile guys are perfect for that.
-Jessica Simpson
07-09-2006, 04:22 AM,
One think I like about playing cany old vets (aka: old farts); you get to see tricks the civilized world gave up on eons ago.:laughing:

I mean really, shooting smoke into your own rear areas is about as old as it gets. IMHO, the reason why the fast arty bug was never fixed is prolly cause Brors or Grisby thinks that particular tactic is :cool:
Any way, fire off those Smoke rounds, bab`e. I have my eyeballs on a Mortar and a real good notion that there is something under the smoke puffs at 150,43; 148,49; 148,84; and 153,117. I am assuming that the new smoke puffs ( the ones that appeared after the fast arty was left on) are decoys. I might shoot at them later, just in case you move arty under them.:boom3:
Isn't this fun!
Here we go loop de loop.
Here we go loop de la!

-Jessica Simpson
07-09-2006, 06:54 AM,
Hmmm? Eek Tricks? what tricks? I don't know what you're talking about:whis:

We don't use tricks,ploys,schemes,gambits,deception plans,maskirovka or any of that tricksy stuff here buddy:smoke: Just good old "Hey diddle diddle,straight up the middle"Flag

Shoot where you like. It's your ammoBig Grin Work that Yak train you've got going there. Those smokepuffs are my cooks whippin up some hot-Dogs for our guestsDevil

cheers
07-09-2006, 11:52 AM,
Boiled dog and kim-chee! Isn't there something in the Geneva Convention about that:whis:
It does remind me of something interesting that I observed way back when.
Dad did his second attache tour in Seoul (Soul) about 2 years after the war (police action). He had a Korean friend there who went to USC, like dear old did. Anyway dad was at Monterey going thru the Language school there when his bud got assigned to the Consulate in San Franscisco. Anyway, dad orginazied an 'outing' where we all went to the Zoo. Dad's Bud had his family along, since it was a long term tour for him and granny and the rest went with us.
After a Looong morning spent looking at rather unremarkable beasts of various sizes, shapes and colors, we took a lunch break at a hot dog stand. My dad tells his guests that this was a typical America worker's lunch. So we line up at the mustard jar and start unwrapping our hotdogs. Granny opens her's up, looks in and says, "Back home we throw this part of the dog away". We all had picked up enough Korean during our tour to figure out what she said. It was the first time I ever saw my mother turn that shade of pink:jaw:
-Jessica Simpson
07-10-2006, 04:24 PM,
Well, I'll admit that I'd never heard that one before. And you're supposed to barbeque your dog not boil it. Big Grin

cheers
07-10-2006, 09:17 PM,
I live in the Bar-B-Que capitol of the world and there is no shortage of Dogs roaming the streets here. Several have even been elected to office.:mad:

I think you have me confused with Texas. :conf:
Down there they will Bar-B-Que anything. Cattle, Armidillos, their boots, anything. A dog or cat wouldn't suprise me. That is why I NEVER Eat Bar-B-Que while in Texas.
Did the better half like the story? I figure she must have a sense of humor.Big Grin
-Jessica Simpson