Tag Team Trash Talk (T4)
06-25-2006, 08:42 PM,
RE: Tag Team Trash Talk (T4)
A little something in the mail for Grummi:grin2:

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2006, 12:43 AM,
Das is goot! Waiting wouldn't have helped anyway. When GB and I started our side game, using the same countries and date as the tag team game, I said to myself; 'self, would these valiant warriors actually try to do some backdoor recon to see what my TO&E looks like? Nah, it's just a co-in-see-dink that GB and I are playing the same nations out of 100+ and the same year out of 64. But just in case,,,,'
GB and I have flat been kicking the can down the road. From a turn every 4 days or so to a turn or two every day. Another co-in-see-dink? I think not.
So I for one am looking forward to this turns selection of targets.
I think JP is also. At this point of the game his mission is waiting, which is not that easy a job.
I am the picador, JP is the Matador. Youse guys get to be the bull.Whip
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
06-27-2006, 06:28 AM,
Actually,

The other game with Grumbler is ROK's and Japan vs his boys.. on a completely different map.. we are both attempting to suprise each other.. last turn I got a suprise when my ROK pilots identified my ROK troops as the bad guys, and napalmed the S*** out of my own troops..LOL - and were off target by at least 2000 yards (sorry Grumbler, my scout helo survived - mostly - at least you can't claim it as a kill) ;)

In another game with General SP, I laid on a strike with 9 COIN aircraft, and only 5 showed up for the party??? - with the first 4 getting shot down.. if only the other 4 had showed up!!.. I made sure to check that all the weapons were activated.. - wierd.. :conf: poor trade for catching an APC..

Ah - well half the fun is the stuff that doesn't work right.. Big Grin

-Greybeard
06-27-2006, 09:47 AM,
Rats! I slept well last night with visions of your MIG shooting up your Helio.
I was still chuckling as I poured Guinness Stout in my Honey Nut Cheerios this morning.
Oh well, maybe I'll get him with a Strella. That pilot has the reflexs of a viper and the luck of the devil. At least he doesn't have to worry about my SPAA units. I'm going to use them against your para targets. I know that's against the GC, but the up side of playing the DPRK is we never signed the GC, so it doesn't apply to us.
-Jessica Simpson
06-27-2006, 09:29 PM,
That's interesting, VERY interesting. I spent the last game of ROK vs NVA bombing my own guys instead WIGAM's almost every time! Proof that:

A) COIN is crap or

B) ROKAF is trying to stage another coup or

C) Just ROK COIN is crap.

Anyways I'm a bit concerned about trotting them out in this other game.

cheers
06-27-2006, 09:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-27-2006, 10:00 PM by wigam.)
Sorry to interupt into a very funny and interesting post, but Pauls right, his F-5s bombed more of his stuff than they did mine. Right until the last turn they were bombing their own boys. So in my humble opinion they aint that flash. Maybe they get better with the years like wine? cheers
Wigam
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
06-27-2006, 11:13 PM,
I used to buy COIN all the time because you got 3 planes per flight and I would try to throw off my opponents S-2 estimates that way, but then I noticed the COIN fighter couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if they were IN the barn and it finally dawned on me that I'm the only player out there AFAIK that actually tries to keep track of his opponents TO&E on a regular basis. I do that so I'll know when it's safe to commit my reserve. Since I have seen very little evidence of others having a reserve, it doesn't make much sense to try and outlast them. I don't understand this, since I have lost track of the times my reserve has turn a defeat into a draw.:boom2:
Wandering back onto the topic, I stopped buying COIN missions. To much fog of war already, what with random penetrations, arty that goes pretty much where it wants and opponents that haven't learned to co-operate yet.Whip
-Jessica Simpson
06-28-2006, 02:18 AM,
The COIN flights are really screwy. Supposed to go after soft targets but the code doesn't seem to differ between friend or foe soft targets. I have had them brew up my arty parks more than once on the opposite end of the map.:hissy:

The only way I have gotten COINs to work is by forces being 100% mech withnobody dismounted at the end of a turn before a strike. Then they work pretty good.

May work too if you have spotter LOS to the target area.
06-28-2006, 06:01 AM,
Eek 'Well, I'll be a .............. GRUMMI, you're a tactical genius! Who would have thought to keep a running tally of vehicles seen and killed (likes they gots in the S2 track) ? Then you probobly even buy what you've seen in editor to see how many points the enemy has left:jaw: AND then you even keep a reserve:bow: That is crazy , the next thing you'll try to tell me is that in DD's campaign @ SZO somebody is keeping files on the enemy players' playing styles:conf: Weird. This thread is starting to get REAL educational:chin: I'll have to reexamine just about everything I do here. HMMMM. (note to self: les Bier when playing GRUMMI):whis:

cheers
06-28-2006, 06:07 AM,
HI SCOTTY!
I had a 6pack of F5s that kept hitting my M48s and M106s. Most annoying for me and entertaining for Marcus:bang:

As for COIN, I have some going after NARWAN to little effect as well.

I'm thinking they are pretty useless. Better to buy bombers?

cheers