• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tag Team Trash Talk (T4)
06-21-2006, 08:31 PM,
RE: Tag Team Trash Talk (T4)
Grumbler,

Sure I would be up for another ass wipin..........send me the files and we can get started. I don't mind extremely large games so feel free on the setup........just don't make it to short, or to long.

Jad
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2006, 09:23 PM,
Which side do you want? I was thinking about 24 turns. That's enough to expend the SP load out on most SPA's, but not so long as to have them spend 1/2 the game empty. Plus the idea is that the Iraqi's didn't stop and digin , build ammo dumps, registar arty and lay mines, but did a quick top off of fuel and ammo and then started off for Ryhiad. Also, there should be no Marine armor. The Marnies were flown in to stiffen up a KSA formation. So it's a MEU without the heavy equipment and some NAVY jocks flying cover.
What Slot? I'm double stacked all over the place, so it doesn't matter to me.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
06-22-2006, 09:42 AM,
I'll play the Iraqi"s, I'm sure won't feel bad as I am getting them killed in large amounts......any slot is good. Or we can play the game semi secure like the other one.............unless you don't trust me.......lol.

JAd
06-22-2006, 11:03 AM,
Ok, I'll get you a turn soon. Pretty soon as thy say in the Computer buisness. Is that scary or what?Eek
As a hint, make sure you load up on AD. I'll say more with the e-mail.
-Jessica Simpson
06-22-2006, 12:57 PM,
Hello Grumbler,

do I hear some intel about what you have in store for me?? PAul has the team game now, and we'll see what madness we can stir up for you two..

JP - did you get my last set of files I sent to you about a week ago?

-Greybeard
06-22-2006, 03:04 PM,
I was thinking about home made Special K. Paul drives around the rice paddy with his Pattons and flattens the rice, then JP brews up the Pattons and cooks the flat rice.
No milk to put it in, but Harps works pretty good. If it was corn flakes Shiner Bock works best. I'm still working out which beer is best for Cheerios.
But that is breakfast, and I'm still waiting for you to fly those big juicy CH-53's full of Marines around where I can get them in a cross fire from half a dozen ZSU-23's. :smg:
-Jessica Simpson
06-23-2006, 01:38 PM,
Hello Grumbler,

only a 1/2 dozen... sounds like you went kind of light..

-Greybeard
06-23-2006, 03:06 PM,
Nah, I'm being a sneaky old git. I set the ranges down on some of my AD so if you try the old work into the know target thingie, you will get a nice suprise as a fresh (unspotted) AAA opens up at point blank range. I will also turn off some of my ManPADS by redlining them. You would be suprised how often an opponent hovers a helio in my crosshairs becuase he doesn't know I'm there.:smoke:
It's also fun to watch the helios fly past a hiddden SAM and then turn it on. SAM's to the Left of them, SAM's to the right.
Never stop an opponent from making mistakes and it never hurts to give them a little nudge toward a mistake if they look to be hesitant. Everyone makes mistakes and he who makes the fewest normally wins. So I like to get a surplus on my side of the balance sheet.
-Jessica Simpson
06-24-2006, 09:39 AM,
Is that how it works?? yeah, suprises are fun, hope I can generate a few for you as we continue to knock heads..

Turn is now back from Shortreengage.. will be out to you guys soon..

-GB
06-24-2006, 11:46 PM,
You already did. I figured you for an assault landing last turn. I think that was Pauls bad influence on you. Actually trying to figure out a Boyd cycle built for two is interesting. Paul is quite a bit more cautious then you are, and I suspect he talked you into waiting while you guys did some more conventional scouting and worked over the AD with non-air assets.
He might be right, and then again doing that gives us the initative, which we already had so that isn't as important as the time. Pulling back and waiting means the turns used in flying back and forth were wasted. Now they are gone, never to return. We won't know if that's important or not until the last few game turns, but as a principal, I don't like giving up turns at the begining of the game.:eek1:
Considering the general ban on use of pre-game arty shoots, which sledom do any direct damnage, but will burn your opponents first turn by forcing a non-optimal deployment out of fear of that occasional lucky hit, I think a lot of people feel the same way. There are many excuses, but it's losing that first 'free' turn where you can move full speed without to much risk of dying that motivates the ban on pre-game bombardments, which in the real world were SOP.
So you roll the dice and take the results. I was suprised that your aggressivness was overwhelmed by Paul's concern about traps, tricks and my fondness for kill boxes.Fiery
I would have gone in. An assault landing will always produce casualties. It doesn't matter if that happens on turn 2 or turn 22.
So the negative is a wash.
The positives are that you don't lose that turn, you dislocate any plans we had and you stood a better chance of securing valuable terrain on turn 2 then you will now that we have troops there digging in. But hey, you roll the dice, you deal with the results.
Hang
-Jessica Simpson