• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Play Style
06-17-2006, 06:51 AM,
Play Style
Hello:

Just a general question. When playing PzC games, do folks generally try to keep their formations together, or is is "drive forward regardless of unit cohesion?" When I play, I always try to keep divisions, corps, brigades, etc together (I dont always succeed in this). Just wondering, and this is certainly not ment to criticize one game-play techinque over another...just curious.
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2006, 08:29 AM,
RE: Play Style
I am playing the same way. I always try to keep them by colors (as we say with my friends:smoke::))
Send this user an email
06-17-2006, 08:33 AM,
I would say it depends. If on the defensive, then I always try to keep the boys together. If on the attack, then I think it is a little of both. Generally, try to make as much headway to my objective as I can during the day and spend the two night turns getting everyone back together. If I am resting a unit(s), then always together within command range.
06-17-2006, 10:48 AM,
I've always been of the opinion that a player who keeps his units grouped and within HQ command range will have a large advantage when playing a player who doesn't. Sometimes the demands at the front dictate otherwise, but I certainly always try to do so.

Paul
06-18-2006, 06:50 PM,
I like to play the big campaigns and find it is easier to keep track of things, as well as plan ahead, by using the actual organisation structure. I will assign objectives to corps and then, based on those objectives, plan for the use of divisions. I find this naturally maintains unit cohesion.