• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

OOB error?
06-15-2006, 05:43 AM,
OOB error?
Playing A Cold Tunisian Dawn right now pbem and ran into an oddity(as I see it)..I have the Allies in this scenario, composed of US and Free French forces...the French have Crusaders supplied by the British..the Crusaders only have a hard attack factor, no soft? This seems odd, as they are equipped with 3 MG's as well as their 2 Pdr? The unit file made reference to common onfield customization (removal of nose turret housing a Besa MG)...that could account for some of it, but the file only mentions the one MG in the turret...that would leave 2 still. Why is this like it is? Anybody in the know?:conf:
"I'll wrestle anybody in the crowd!"

Pappy Boyington
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2006, 06:05 AM,
RE: OOB error?
Let me rephrase that; they DO have a soft attack factor when you fire an attack off, however, they don't have any soft target range indicated when you use that key -no blue outline, just red...which is usually for units that would engage hard targets solely..

Pappy Boyington
06-15-2006, 06:17 AM,
I think you might get the same (only a red outline) if the hard and soft max ranges coincide. They do for artillery in Rising Sun at least.

I have some Japanese 120mm Howitzers that only have a red circle, but they can attack any target, hard or soft, within that circle, and nothing outside it.
06-15-2006, 06:37 AM,
Off Topic  RE: OOB error?
Mike can you update your e-mail address? I tried to send you mail but, it was to an "old address" and did not go through?

I am at [email protected] cheers
06-15-2006, 06:59 AM,
Panther Bait Wrote:I think you might get the same (only a red outline) if the hard and soft max ranges coincide. They do for artillery in Rising Sun at least.

I have some Japanese 120mm Howitzers that only have a red circle, but they can attack any target, hard or soft, within that circle, and nothing outside it.

They would explain it...I got all worried that I wouldn't be able to fight off the German infantry creeping up on my flank LOL
Thanks

Pappy Boyington
06-15-2006, 10:07 AM,