• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Does anyone still play H2H...
06-14-2006, 06:22 PM,
Does anyone still play H2H...
I see everywhere games for WinWW2 and MBT but no h2h, did people stop playing it while I'm absent:conf:
"Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, and brains saves both."
"The best form of welfare for the troops is first-rate training."
"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
Field Marshall
Erwin ROMMEL
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2006, 06:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2006, 07:00 AM by Alby.)
RE: Does anyone still play H2H...
I am sure they still do

Try SPWAW Enhanced also.
Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Send this user an email
06-16-2006, 07:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2006, 07:08 AM by ROMMEL_HSQ.)
I want try the Enhanced SP, but no HD space is avilable for another SP installation :(
"Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, and brains saves both."
"The best form of welfare for the troops is first-rate training."
"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
Field Marshall
Erwin ROMMEL
06-16-2006, 07:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2006, 07:42 AM by Alby.)
you do NOT need another installation if you already have SPWAW 8.2, 8.3 8.4 or 8.403 installed.
:)

Enhanced works with modswapper, which is already in the SPWAW Main folder.

Let me emphasize this next bit: It doesn't matter what version you install this Mod over; the mech.exe will be swapped, which is the main determination in what the version is.
You need have only one installation of SPWAW to use SPWAW Enhanced.

You could put this same Mod in an 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, and 8.403 installation, and all 4 games will run the same way.

The Mod is not like the H2H mod, because H2H doesn't work with ModSwapper. It could, if somone wrote one for it, but it works as an "overwrite mod" that replaces existing files. In other words, once H2H is installed, you can't un-install it without reinstalling the original game.

SPWAW Enhanced, on the other hand, can be installed and uninstalled numerous times, and will not permanently replace any files. It can be used with any 8.x version of the game (ModSwapper was released with the 8.0 version).

For PBEM games, it only matters that each player has the Mod installed. It doesn't matter what version they install it in, since the only important security issue is that both players' OOBs are the same.

For those who wish to, and are comfortable with modifying the ModSwapper files, the non-OOB and mech.exe files can all be extracted from the Mod archive file and installed manually. Rewriting the mod.ini to include only the OOBs and the mech.exe will allow the graphics and sounds to be used by the player with any version; however, there may be issues with some icons that are not correct, since they may have been changed in the OOBs for the Mod. Additionally, many of the new LBM pics will not be available without the Mod, since they were included for all the new units. I don't recommend this method for most players; it can cause more problems for them.
Using Modswapper is the easiest and safest way.
hope this helps

Check this thread
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=34745

there are a few other threads here which elaborate on whats in Enhanced
also a SPWAW Enhanced forum over at www.spwaw.com

Good Gaming!!
:)
Send this user an email