• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Fixed Units in NGP won't release.
06-11-2006, 12:37 PM,
Fixed Units in NGP won't release.
I'm currently involved in a campaign game of NGP '85 Scenario. 10_07s: Clash of Titans in the North, version 1.02. I am playing the NATO side and I have a dozen units, mostly Belgians that remain fixed, more than 24 hours after they should have been released. The release dialog box shows no units in it. Has anyone reported this before?
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2006, 01:52 PM,
RE: Fixed Units in NGP won't release.
I brought up the fact that numerous units of the 3rd Panzer division remained fixed well past the time when the majority of the division was released and I didn't get a satisfactory response.

Good luck to you on getting this fixed.
06-11-2006, 02:43 PM,
HirooOnoda Wrote:I brought up the fact that numerous units of the 3rd Panzer division remained fixed well past the time when the majority of the division was released and I didn't get a satisfactory response.

Hi HirooOnoda,

In your game did these units ever release on their own and, if so, how long did it take. Thanks.
06-11-2006, 03:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2006, 03:50 PM by Glenn Saunders.)
HirooOnoda Wrote:Good luck to you on getting this fixed.

No need to be sarcarstic now!

:soap: I'll let my record of looking at issues and making corrections in any games of the series have been pretty good over the years.

As I recall I looked at this for somebody - maybe you I don't know and I don't bother to keep records. If I recall correctly I am not sure if this was in the design or not but with units not being set to release, gamey tactics were possible and that was certainly not part of the scn design.

Checking my email I see you emailed me on 07-40-2006 saying.

HirooOnoda Wrote:To which address should I send the file?

Apparently you could find my email address but didn't see fit to send me a file as I've freqently ask people to do. Upon further checking I see I sent three separate messages back to you within the space of two hours - to the return address

[email protected]

...not sure why this wasn't saatisfactory.

Anyway - even without the file I asked for I was curious enough to look at this. Checking my game folder tonight I see I've made a change to that scn on 08-04-2006. I've sent it to Tiller and it will be part of the next update, although I am not sure when that will be. So I'll include a copy here.

Good Luck in playing the game and enjoying the support you get for all the people who work pretty hard on these games, often long after they are released too.

Glenn

Attached Files
.zip   #10_07s_NG Plain - Prepared.zip (Size: 17.35 KB / Downloads: 4)
Send this user an email
06-12-2006, 01:47 AM,
D-Day_Dodger Wrote:
HirooOnoda Wrote:I brought up the fact that numerous units of the 3rd Panzer division remained fixed well past the time when the majority of the division was released and I didn't get a satisfactory response.

Hi HirooOnoda,

In your game did these units ever release on their own and, if so, how long did it take. Thanks.

Some of the units of the 6th PZG did eventually release on their own, but the 3rd PZ ones released only when an enemy unit moved next to them.
06-12-2006, 02:33 PM,

Quote:Apparently you could find my email address but didn't see fit to send me a file as I've freqently ask people to do. Upon further checking I see I sent three separate messages back to you within the space of two hours - to the return address

[email protected]

...not sure why this wasn't saatisfactory.

Sorry about that pal. I can't for the life of me remember when I sent you an e-mail or if I did. Hey, if you say I did I must have, but how many years ago was that?

I didn't know, or should I say remember, that the Blitz still had my ancient email address listed. Thanks for the head's up as I've updated it.

Pitty you didn't post publically that you mails to me were bouncing. I could have rectified that problem "muy pronto" as we say in the West.

Did you fix the problem with the 3rd Pz?

Sorry about the miscomunication. I correspond with a lot of people via email.

Your buddy Hiroo
06-14-2006, 06:39 AM,
HirooOnoda Wrote:Sorry about that pal. I can't for the life of me remember when I sent you an e-mail or if I did. Hey, if you say I did I must have, but how many years ago was that?

2 months actually

Quote:I didn't know, or should I say remember, that the Blitz still had my ancient email address listed. Thanks for the head's up as I've updated it.

No - it had nothing to do with theblitz - I recieved an message where this address:

[email protected]

...was the return address

Quote:Pitty you didn't post publically that you mails to me were bouncing. I could have rectified that problem "muy pronto" as we say in the West.

Pitty you couldn't send me the file with the message.

Quote:Did you fix the problem with the 3rd Pz?

If you want to wait for the official patch to check that is OK with me - or you can try the zip.

Glenn
Send this user an email
06-15-2006, 12:14 AM,
[quote=Glenn Saunders]

No - it had nothing to do with theblitz - I recieved an message where this address:

[email protected]

...was the return address

[quote]

Well there must be some internet problem b/c I stopped using that account, as in I switched providers, in 2004. Since 2004 I've been using a Yahoo account.

How you got an e-mail from me with the return address from an ISP I stopped paying on over two years ago is beyond me.
06-15-2006, 03:21 PM,
HirooOnoda Wrote:How you got an e-mail from me with the return address from an ISP I stopped paying on over two years ago is beyond me.

No idea - I just know what I recieved from that address on that date - as seen in the image.

Anyway - not important.

What is important is that anyone can have anything looked at and it has nothing to do with Luck. All I ask is to see the issue in a BTL file - send it to me if you have my address or use stuff from my website - there is contact info there. If anyone can't find me send it to HPS Support - there is a Link on their website:

[email protected]

The file with an explaination of what to look for and why the issue is a problem and they will usually forward it to me so you don't have to keep my email address handy.

Glenn

Attached Files
.jpg   Copy of inbox.jpg (Size: 58.49 KB / Downloads: 9)
Send this user an email