• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Why im late
06-11-2006, 08:36 PM,
RE: Why im late
There is one week during spring that I love the most, when it first time gets warm for a week, the nature kind of explodes from dull browns and greys to greens. Kind of wipes the long winter from your mind and sets you for the coming summer. Probably not much different from yours ... at least I hope you can enjoy it once a year.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2006, 05:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-12-2006, 08:02 AM by Weasel.)
Vesku Wrote:Come here during winter, even the little moisture you have will freeze in your mouth and you don't have to worry about tan because you shouldn't expose any skin to air if it's windy :) Well ... only when it's really cold, usually you are just cold outside, not freezing to death. I'm enjoying the short summer we have.

When I lived in Alberta we had (and still have) very strange weather. Up until December the average winter daytime high will be only about -4 C, but then come January the temperature will drop to about an average -35C and we will get two weeks in the middle of the month of -55 C. Then come February we will get Chinook winds from the south pacific which will warm the temperature up to the mid + teens celcius, and then it will drop back to around -5C for a bit. Bloody weird.

I have a great winter coat though, all I wear under it is a t-shirt and I can't feel the cold when it was -55. The craziest part is that I bought the jacket in Virginia where a cold winter is 5 celcius! Yanks must have thin blood!
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
06-12-2006, 05:27 AM,
It's all the beer. A while back they passed a law putting the legal level for blood alcohol content at .1 Like any good American, I try not to let mine get below that. I suspect a conspiracy by the major breweries. Sort of like Abscam only with beer. Budscam maybe. Or Millergate. Something like that.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
06-12-2006, 07:32 AM,
Well speak of winter and snow and down it comes. My city Timaru in the South Island of New Zealand gets a smattering of snow maybe once a year. Heaps of snow on all the mountains ringing us but not at sea level. Last night it came down. We had a foot and a half and its still snowing. I am sure its noting to what you get in Canada and the US. Great for the kids. Everything is shut down except essential services, and bugger i am part of the essential services.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
06-12-2006, 08:01 AM,
Well where I live now, Vancouver Island, we count the snow fall in hours. At most it last a few days and then melts. I can only remember one winter where the snow actually stuck around. And I am the same, lots of snow in the mountains which is only about a 20 minute drive away. Actually the Canadian ski team is using our moutain, Mount Washington, as it's nordic ski training area for the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver. Kind of cool (get it?).
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
06-12-2006, 12:06 PM,
Im stuck in the bloody tropics, it never goes below 25 degrees except indoors with the AC going, useally it hovers around 30 to 15 with the humidity getting right up there so even if your in the shade its like breathing soup, I'd love some snow, i havent seen goosebumps on my skin for a long tome and to make matters even more silly the natives think that its winter in DEC coz its the moonsoon season and go round wearing turtlenecks even when its still the same temptreature, damm crazy fools!

SOMEBODY PLEASE SEND ME SOME SNOW!
Bis peccare in bello no licet - One cannot blunder twice in war.
06-12-2006, 10:20 PM,
You want snow Dan. You should have been back home in Timaru. Boy did we get a dumping last night. Over a foot and a half, closed everything apart from essential services. No school for the kids. If you want snow you know what to do. :stir: Great day!!
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
06-12-2006, 10:27 PM,
Yeah like im onna plane right now, I dont have any gold bars dude! LOL
Bis peccare in bello no licet - One cannot blunder twice in war.
06-13-2006, 12:52 AM,
Weasel took the first place, Alberta must be in Siberia :). We usually have couple of weeks below 20 where I am but the windy coast gives it teeth. We have about three white months, only around a foot here but over a yard inlands.

I couldn't live in Singapore ... or leave the house at least. It's +20 outside and I think it's warm enough :)
Vesku

06-13-2006, 12:54 AM,
Sorry Weasel, no turns tonight. I'm off to play icehockey.
Vesku