• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CM Modern Alternatives
06-11-2006, 09:36 AM,
CM Modern Alternatives

I have been playing CMBO, CMBB & CMAK for a while now and would like to know if anyone knew of any games similar to the CM series but with contemporary Forces and Conflicts?

If such a game does not exist are there any Mods for CM to replace my Shermans for M1A1s?
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2006, 09:45 AM,
RE: CM Modern Alternatives
If you check the battlefront site you'll see they're planning to release in the (near?) future a new cm game( wouldn't exactly consider it to be cm,but they sure are) with the action place in Syria and a hypotetical Us-Syria war.
Send this user an email
06-11-2006, 11:57 AM,
Ahh the infamous New CM Engine. It will be interesting but it will contemplate modern forces and as Raz stated will be modern day. I am not that excited about it but will get it anyway.
06-11-2006, 12:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2006, 12:21 PM by Larry Thorne (FGM).)
I have played Vitenam battles Arabic Israeli War battles generated for CMAK and though they were fun and innovative, in one fo the Vietnam scens HT with quad guns were dig in into shallow fords to simulate PT boats docked at a base along a river. My VC attacked the Base from all over the place (VC was italians with uniform mod) in terrible rain. Fun battle. Was able to knock out 3 PT boats with small mortars and create havoc in the American base then dissappera into the thick woods again...hit and run. Some of this stuff can be found in
www.the-scenario-depot.com also some scens about Korean war and such.
Good Hunting

But one cannot change the hardcoded unit frames so sherman frame is sherman frame one can only change the skins by modding.

Hope this helps
LT

EDIT TO ADD: Vietnam mods and AIW and Korean mods can be found in Cmmods.com search mods by author junk2drive in CMAK section
"Kornie"