• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Next?
06-10-2006, 11:17 AM,
Next?
Well, I am happily playing S42. Still, as the summer blooms, the mind of a young lad always wanders to the great question....."What is the Next HPS Game?"

Thoughts? I still rekon the SB guys have something coming their way. In the same vein, the Civil War boys gotta have something in the works for the Summer. I think there was a post a few months ago about a Nappy title coming out in the summer--Leipzig, Austerlitz, or Salamanca might get me into the Nap Wars--and PcZ must have a title in the hopper for the summer/early Fall.

As for me, loving the Germans in desperate straits in S42, I am looking for a good 1944 east front game....or better yet, East Prussia 45!

I must say, the thing I like best about HPS marketing is that we NEVER KNOW whats coming down the road....keeps me speculating.

In the past, I have offered Glenn a six-pack of Moose Head (that is what they drink in Canada, isnt it?) for info as to the future. But as a loyal henchman, we know Glenn will never spill the beans!
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2006, 03:34 PM,
RE: Next?
Aolain Wrote:In the past, I have offered Glenn a six-pack of Moose Head (that is what they drink in Canada, isnt it?) for info as to the future. But as a loyal henchman, we know Glenn will never spill the beans!

LOL and my drink is Club Soda - had a couple tonight too so I am kinda giggly.

Been a little slower this year making game, but the next one is coming along nicely. There was no sense rushing to put it out so we'll master it in the next month for release in the early fall I expect.

As for SB - should be something coming - but seriously there are at least three titles that have been getting serious work and I have no idea which one will come first in all the mix.

Glenn
Send this user an email
06-11-2006, 04:02 AM,
You'll never get anywhere trying to bribe Glenn with Moosehead. It's absolute :censored:! Try a 12 pack of Sleeman's Cream Ale instead.cheers
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
06-11-2006, 11:32 AM,
I've heard from a number of sources that Leipzig: The Battle of Nations is next on line for the Napoleon's Campaigns series, with a possible release date of July '06. I've heard nothing about any of the other series.
I'd personally like to see a series of campaigns that linked together could represent all of Operation Barbarossa as it would be a great historical tool, although it might be difficult finding Soviet opponents. Finding balanced campaigns for the East Front PzC buffs must be a pretty difficult task for gave developers given that there was only a relatively short period of time that one side or the other didn't dominate with superior power. Crimea '42 and The Battle of Berlin '45 would also make interesting titles.
Still, I keep hoping that the clearing of the Schedlt Estuary and the Battle of the Rhineland will see the light of day. I can't think of too many other campaigns in the Western Theatre, that would merit a separate game.
Anyhow, all I know is that when the next game does come out it will be caviar, not hash.

P.S. As for you beer freaks. Moosehead, Sleemans and all the rest have to take a back seat to the house beer at Moe Sizlack's, DUFF BEER.

DUFF BEER for me,
DUFF BEER for you,
You have a DUFF
And I'll have one too

06-11-2006, 11:48 AM,
I am always hopeful for the whole Italian camp, people say it is too big, I still think it can be done somehow, NGP and Fulda were combined. Also am awaiting Tunisia some day and maybe even see the whole North African Camp someday. Also interested in French and US in vietnam, I think that would be interesting.
06-11-2006, 06:25 PM,
Hello Mark,
Good to have you back, are you up and running in Florida? :smoke:
Regards,
Darran.
06-11-2006, 10:27 PM,
Howdy Darran, not really running for email games yet, I sure miss them tho. Wife's puter only internet. She doesn't have a cd rom burner, I already tried to copy files to a cd, if it would have worked I could have transferred them to my puter and then back when I was done. Still going to be sometime yet. Human opps so much better and more fun than AI. We're all working here, but wages are not keeping pace with cost of living, still better than in Texas looking for a job everyday. Looking forward to the day when I am back and running.
06-13-2006, 06:15 PM,
Glenn says in another forum:

"look for a rule change in the next update where units immediately across a FULL RIVER (Water) hex from "Has Boats" Eng, will keep the supply but only to the units on the other bank. Also normal Engineer that can ferry across the hexside river will do the same thing.

This is a change for a new title in development and may put a more favourable spin on this situation"

/E
06-14-2006, 01:39 AM,
Engelbrekt Wrote:Glenn says in another forum:

"look for a rule change in the next update where units immediately across a FULL RIVER (Water) hex from "Has Boats" Eng, will keep the supply but only to the units on the other bank. Also normal Engineer that can ferry across the hexside river will do the same thing.

This is a change for a new title in development and may put a more favourable spin on this situation"

Guys - up to you but I wouldn't read too much into this rule. There is a River in the new game (as there is in most games except T41 and maybe Alamein) and the CG starts with a sector on a river line - again doesn't say much.

But it brought up the difficulties of crossing when the units are instantly isolated and so it was logical to make a change as it made things better without having a huge impact on previous games.

Glenn
Send this user an email
06-14-2006, 03:19 AM,
Glenn Saunders Wrote:Guys - up to you but I wouldn't read too much into this rule. There is a River in the new game (as there is in most games except T41 and maybe Alamein) and the CG starts with a sector on a river line - again doesn't say much.

But it brought up the difficulties of crossing when the units are instantly isolated and so it was logical to make a change as it made things better without having a huge impact on previous games.

Glenn

I think it is a great new rule. In the past it seldom made sense to ferry units because supply could not be ferried aswell. It feels more realistic now.

/Engelbrekt