• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

movie phase problems......
06-08-2006, 05:14 PM,
movie phase problems......

Had to install CMAK on a friends computer in the last few days (I am temporarily overseas for a few weeks) so I can get my daily (or almost daily) fix of Combat Mission while I'm away. Everything is pretty much OK when I play except for one thing.......when I push the 'play' button to watch the action/movie phase it instantly skips the whole phase (ie. goes from 0.0 seconds to 60 seconds skipping the whole movie). Anyone ever had this happen before?? Theres obviously something wrong somewhere (perhaps computer settings??). Damned annoying really. Anybody know how I could rectify this....?

- falco.
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2006, 07:21 PM,
RE: movie phase problems......
try changing game resolution and/or refresh rate. Some resolutions combined with some refresh rates sometimes can cause problems in main game loop, which is movie phase in your case.
06-09-2006, 12:37 AM,
Forgive my ignorance here but could you go into a bit more detail...??

06-09-2006, 12:45 AM,
you can reset the resolution by dragging the Combat Mission AK Prefs file into trash (X:Program files/Combat Mission 3/Combat mission Ak prefs) and then starting again like usual but the you ge to choose the resolution. Choose the correct resolution for the screen settings and off you go.
Hope this helps
LT
"Kornie"
06-09-2006, 12:53 AM,
sorry, i should write that too...
be aware that all of your settings will be deleted (like units size, smoke graphics, showing paths, etc), so maybe is good idea to copy Combat Mission AK Prefs on a safe place.
06-10-2006, 12:18 PM,
Got the problem solved. Changed the resolution and decreased the refresh.

Thanks fer your advice guys. Much appreciated.

- falco.
06-10-2006, 01:33 PM,
Glad it worked!
Cheers
"Kornie"