• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some questions for Volcano Man
06-09-2006, 03:31 PM,
RE: Some questions for Volcano Man
I was thinking about this some more as well, regarding the impact of air power on the light armor units with lower values.

In CS, you would call for an airstrike, but it may not arrive or hit what you wanted. In PzC, it is abstracted in such a way that airpower is much more reliable.

I just started a PBEM of K43 using the new alt values. I saw a German armored car company in the open with my Sturmoviks and blasted seven of them at once.

In a tactical situation, the recon cars are moving around, avoiding. In CS, they can reveal an enemy unit when fired on, then get out of Dodge. In PzC, that same recon unit is either hidden or not - there is no shoot and scoot, no avoidance capability. I think that is why, in PzC, these units have higher defense values than their armor thickness would seem to merit.

I have always thought the better way to model recon units in PzC would be to give a greater distance to recon spotting for specialized recon units, so that you could model recon abstractly without putting the light unit out there to die.

Anyway, that is an issue for when they develop a new engine someday for PzC, I guess.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Some questions for Volcano Man - by Elxaime - 06-08-2006, 02:11 PM
RE: Some questions for Volcano Man - by Elxaime - 06-09-2006, 03:31 PM
RE: Some questions for Volcano Man - by TET2 - 06-10-2006, 07:54 AM
RE: Some questions for Volcano Man - by TET2 - 06-10-2006, 07:58 AM
RE: Some questions for Volcano Man - by Elxaime - 06-10-2006, 11:01 AM
RE: Some questions for Volcano Man - by Elxaime - 06-10-2006, 11:30 AM