• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

rafts
06-03-2006, 10:37 AM,
rafts
has anyone noticed that rafts can cross big bodies of water but not rivers? Is this a bug? Others thoughts?

j
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2006, 01:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2006, 01:14 PM by John Given.)
RE: rafts
In "Makin Raid" I blew up (deflated?) most of Smedley's rafts. :smg: Great fun. Too bad there isn't a "popping" sound when they die, lol. :cool2:

I seem to recall that men ca ncarry them overland as well. I seem to remember the graphic shows the men running wit hthe rafts held over their heads.

Personally, I think rafts are handy; it's a personal water transport that is man-portable. Kind've a shame they're so rare. :(
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
06-03-2006, 08:42 PM,
RE: rafts
It's a bug. Your only option is to make the rivers wider if you want to simulate a river crossing. I had to do that in several scenarios. Another minus is that the rafts can't ferry back and forth, so you'll need probably more of them than their historical number. Yet another thing to take notice of is that these rafts may be easy points for the enemy. IMO they should be worth 0 SP.
Despite all this it can still be fun to create a scn with rafts crossing though.

Huib