• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

wolfpack issue
06-25-2022, 10:04 AM,
wolfpack issue
Hello,
Noticed the was a Wolfpack update. First installed the update and when i started the game through the WDS launcher this is the first screen. No splash screen, no scenario dialog, no errors. I can get to the scenario selection screen if i click load on the UI. I un-installed and did a fresh install with a new download and the same thing happens. Not that experienced with this game series UI, the splash and selection screen should pop up when starting the game, right.

Isn't there a hotkey to switch between UI's?

[Image: 52171202750_0c4d1cfa24_h.jpg]Desktop Screenshot 2022.06.24 - 16.46.20.96 by Ron B, on Flickr
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2022, 10:17 AM,
a_Arrow  RE: wolfpack issue
In all the other WDS series, there is an option under "Settings" to have the option to play the "Introduction" when loading the game.

Does your game offer that option, too?
06-25-2022, 10:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-25-2022, 10:46 AM by budd.)
RE: wolfpack issue
(06-25-2022, 10:17 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: In all the other WDS series, there is an option under "Settings" to have the option to play the "Introduction" when loading the game.

All i can do is click load and load a scenario. I have no menu options on the top at start or when i load a scenario. If you notice above no menus along the top. 

I also tried starting directly from the exe file, no dice, same thing.
06-25-2022, 10:53 AM,
(06-25-2022, 10:46 AM)budd Wrote:
(06-25-2022, 10:17 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: In all the other WDS series, there is an option under "Settings" to have the option to play the "Introduction" when loading the game.

All i can do is click load and load a scenario. I have no menu options on the top at start or when i load a scenario. If you notice above no menus along the top. 

I was trying out some hotkeys, i hit the space bar, had a few seconds of sound effects [ship moving] then this screen popped up.

[Image: 52171033849_d211cb67f6_h.jpg]Desktop Screenshot 2022.06.24 - 17.50.45.19 by Ron B, on Flickr
06-25-2022, 11:01 AM,
(06-25-2022, 10:53 AM)budd Wrote:
(06-25-2022, 10:46 AM)budd Wrote:

I was trying out some hotkeys, i hit the space bar, had a few seconds of sound effects [ship moving] then this screen popped up.

[Image: 52171033849_d211cb67f6_h.jpg]Desktop Screenshot 2022.06.24 - 17.50.45.19 by Ron B, on Flickr

The plot thickens. I finally noticed the Alternate interface in that lower menu, click it and it switched UI to the old one and all the menu buttons are there. You'll noticed it says paused, when i unpause by hitting the space bar it loops same as the previous post. Ship sound for a few seconds then the early termination of scenario dialog followed by the victory dialog, hit OK and you repeat the same loop.
[Image: 52171038489_da98b338b8_h.jpg]Desktop Screenshot 2022.06.24 - 17.54.48.62 by Ron B, on Flickr
06-25-2022, 11:05 AM,
Once i switch the UI to the old UI i can load a scenario, switch to the new UI and play normally.

Love the new zooms and ship graphics, thanks for the update.

If you need any more info from me just let me know. Just seems the game isn't opening correctly, no splash screen or scenario dialog.
06-25-2022, 11:12 AM,
(06-25-2022, 11:05 AM)budd Wrote: Once i switch the UI to the old UI i can load a scenario, switch to the new UI and play normally.

Love the new zooms and ship graphics, thanks for the update.

If you need any more info from me just let me know. Just seems the game isn't opening correctly, no splash screen or scenario dialog.

In your first pic, the options "Introduction" and "Prompt Scenario" on the bottom right seem to be disabled.
What happens when you click on those?
06-25-2022, 11:14 AM,
a_Arrow  RE: wolfpack issue
Thanks for letting us know what you are seeing.

Please email WDS support and direct them to this thread since it already has the screen shots and explain to them what you see and what you have going on.

[email protected]
06-25-2022, 11:19 AM,
When i hit "introduction" or " prompt scenario" they light up but nothing happens, i hit them again and they grey out again and nothing happens. rinse and repeat.

Will email support.
06-25-2022, 11:22 AM,
(06-25-2022, 11:19 AM)budd Wrote: When i hit  "introduction" or " prompt scenario" they light up but nothing happens, i hit them again and they grey out again and nothing happens. rinse and repeat.

Will email support.

Actually I think that's expected - if they work like the traditional menu settings, you may need to close the game and launch it again with those two options enabled.