• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F 40 Gold oversight
05-12-2022, 09:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-12-2022, 05:31 PM by jonnymacbrown.)
F 40 Gold oversight
French 51st Infantry Division doesn't get released. British 51st Highland Division gets released twice 0400 11 May and 0400 21 May. I think the 11 May release should be the French unit. Any way to fix this pronto as the Germans are closing in and French 51st divisional artillery is deployed in front.  jonny

The scenario is the 259 turn Monster 0510_01B3
I assume all the Campaign scenarios have this problem.
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2022, 09:28 PM,
RE: F 40 Gold oversight
(05-12-2022, 09:17 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: French 51st Infantry Division doesn't get released. British 51st Highland Division gets released twice 0400 11 May and 0400 21 May. I think the 11 May release should be the French unit. Any way to fix this pronto as the Germans are closing in and French 51st divisional artillery is deployed in front.  jonny

Still waiting to hear if its possible to fix pbem games after they are started. I'm needing missing units added to my N'44 game. See thread below.

Sorry Jonny, hope you don't mind me piggy backing on your thread.

Ian
05-12-2022, 09:48 PM,
I'm not 100% certain but pretty sure the things you both mention cannot be fixed in game and that a restart would be required. Then the issues could be fixed but not in an ongoing game.
05-12-2022, 10:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-12-2022, 10:34 PM by jonnymacbrown.)
(05-12-2022, 09:28 PM)Plain Ian Wrote:
(05-12-2022, 09:17 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: French 51st Infantry Division doesn't get released. British 51st Highland Division gets released twice 0400 11 May and 0400 21 May. I think the 11 May release should be the French unit. Any way to fix this pronto as the Germans are closing in and French 51st divisional artillery is deployed in front.  jonny

Still waiting to hear if its possible to fix pbem games after they are started. I'm needing missing units added to my N'44 game. See thread below.

Sorry Jonny, hope you don't mind me piggy backing on your thread.

Ian
Yes I think you can do it. Make a copy of your game files and back up everything. Use the OOB editor to add the units you need. You can edit the OOB to a game in progress . Not so sure about the artwork though. Better get some confirmation from someone who really knows for sure. Big Grin
05-13-2022, 12:53 AM,
(05-12-2022, 09:48 PM)typhoon Wrote: I'm not 100% certain but pretty sure the things you both mention cannot be fixed in game and that a restart would be required. Then the issues could be fixed but not in an ongoing game.

Unfortunately I think you are right Typhoon. Placing the new units on the map can only be done with the scenario editor and that would be for a new scenario.  jonny
05-13-2022, 01:36 AM,
In theory, I think you could make changes by editing the game file, the .bte file. It's essentially a scenario file that gets modified every time you end a turn. Unless you've chosen to encrypt your game file, then you're definitely out of luck. But if it's unencrypted, then you could try it by doing the following:
1. Make a copy of the .bte file. Change the extension to .scn.
2. Use the scenario editor to open the file and make the changes.
3. Save it and rename it back to the .bte extension.
Not sure if it would work but it might be worth a shot.
05-14-2022, 04:01 AM,
Hi all,

So first off - know that this issue is being fixed in the forthcoming update.

In the short term, there are a few different workarounds for this. Unless you are playing with with PBEM encryption, in which case I don't think there is much you can do.

First, open the .bte file with Notepad. We are going to be pasting a line of text into two different locations.

Here is the command for a triggered release of French 51st Infantry Division:

3 1940 5 10 4 100 155527 1

The three numbers in red are the date and time (M/D/H). Change these to your next upcoming turn. Since the command is triggered, it should work even if the time & date are off.

Search for "PEM Header." This section shows  This should actually be the first line of text. Then scroll down to the releases section. These are entries that start with the number "3." Because it is the campaign, you will have to scroll awhile. Paste the amended line of text anywhere in this PEM Header release section. Note that pasting an incomplete command, or posting in another section (so in the 2s, or 4s, etc) will cause the game to crash.

Now search "PEM Middle." Scroll down to find the releases (3s), and paste the line of text into that section.

Assuming the time and date are right, the 51st Infantry Division should be released on your next turn, or, if they aren't, they should be released when spotted.

If this doesn't work, there are a couple of other ways around this, both of which are bit more tedious.

Again, if you are playing with PBEM encryption, there is nothing that can be done.

-Mike Prucha