• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Campaigns updates
06-08-2021, 01:13 AM,
RE: Panzer Campaigns updates
(06-07-2021, 06:00 PM)Strela Wrote:
(06-07-2021, 04:31 AM)DerGrenadier89 Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 12:50 AM)Strela Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 12:47 AM)Bioman Wrote: Any word on when the remaining 10 games are going to be updated?

Yes, very soon - I am working on them all currently...

Events that are now apparent have been an influence.

David

Sorry to bother but any news on the updates?

They are being worked on. There are a number of additional factors that are slowing the process. With the new hi-res graphics, the terrain set that has been used for Europe has had to be replaced/re-done for the Pacific, Tunisian, Sicilian and Desert titles. There is also, in many cases specific graphical icons for each title and that adds to the required time to update.

There are also some third party mods (Indragnir's) that need to be integrated and reviewed and there is timing involved there as well.

We are also going back and updating the Getting Started manuals as well as reviewing some non-standard titles like the Japan series to align them with the previous releases and all of this is an additional time sink.

Please be patient as we are trying to get as much into the upcoming series of updates.

Thanks,

David

Thx for the update. Keep up the good work.
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2021, 06:14 AM,
(05-13-2021, 12:47 AM)Bioman Wrote: Any word on when the remaining 10 games are going to be updated?

David

They are being worked on. There are a number of additional factors that are slowing the process. With the new hi-res graphics, the terrain set that has been used for Europe has had to be replaced/re-done for the Pacific, Tunisian, Sicilian and Desert titles. There is also, in many cases specific graphical icons for each title and that adds to the required time to update.

There are also some third party mods (Indragnir's) that need to be integrated and reviewed and there is timing involved there as well.

We are also going back and updating the Getting Started manuals as well as reviewing some non-standard titles like the Japan series to align them with the previous releases and all of this is an additional time sink.

Please be patient as we are trying to get as much into the upcoming series of updates.

Thanks,

David

Is there all a ETA for the release for the updates?
09-09-2021, 08:32 AM,
(09-09-2021, 06:14 AM)Crazy Dutch Wrote:

David

Thanks,

David

Is there all a ETA for the release for the updates?

I don't especially need any information about when any updates will be released, but rather some sort of assurance that the various teams that were working on the different series and titles are still in operation and cooperating as they were before JT's unfortunate passing. It's been a while now since any sort of communication about anything.
"If you want to know a man's true character, give him some power." - Abraham Lincoln (attributed)
09-09-2021, 11:12 AM,
[quote pid="446105" dateline="1631140333"]

... but rather some sort of assurance that the various teams that were working on the different series and titles are still in operation and cooperating...
[/quote]

To be honest - the quote actually reads like it addressed the request.
Bydand
Send this user an email
09-09-2021, 12:37 PM,
(09-09-2021, 11:12 AM)_72z Wrote: [quote pid="446105" dateline="1631140333"]

... but rather some sort of assurance that the various teams that were working on the different series and titles are still in operation and cooperating...

[/quote]

You'll have to forgive my ignorance here, but how does a quote from a question I asked answer or address the original request?

Help me understand what I'm so obviously (at least to you and maybe others) missing.
"If you want to know a man's true character, give him some power." - Abraham Lincoln (attributed)
09-09-2021, 12:55 PM,
(09-09-2021, 12:37 PM)2-81 Armor Wrote:
(09-09-2021, 11:12 AM)_72z Wrote: [quote pid="446105" dateline="1631140333"]

You'll have to forgive my ignorance here, but how does a quote from a question I asked answer or address the original request?

Help me understand what I'm so obviously (at least to you and maybe others) missing.
[/quote]

I believe the quote being referred to was the one by David which said,

"They are being worked on. There are a number of additional factors that are slowing the process. With the new hi-res graphics, the terrain set that has been used for Europe has had to be replaced/re-done for the Pacific, Tunisian, Sicilian and Desert titles. There is also, in many cases specific graphical icons for each title and that adds to the required time to update.

There are also some third party mods (Indragnir's) that need to be integrated and reviewed and there is timing involved there as well.

Thanks,

David"

The lack of information about what has been happening since then is just a refection on how busy David has been. John's passing has caused inevitable disruptions in ongoing projects but nothing has been dropped or downgraded in terms of resources. Everything continues. Once David has a chance I am sure he will have some comments to share on progress, but there is certainly no cause for concern. 

John
09-09-2021, 01:37 PM,
Hi All,

Let me reassure you, that nothing has been dropped and that the teams are all working on a range of projects at a continuing frenetic pace.

There has absolutely been disruption with John's passing and we have had to find resources to cover what he had been doing, as well as work out operations in a post John world. This has impacted both external communication as well as things like patch cycles.

We do believe things are now coming together and we are hopeful we can share the future of John Tiller Software publicly very soon.

Please bear with us, but everyone is onboard and if anything adding more projects to the pipeline.

David
09-09-2021, 02:40 PM,
(09-09-2021, 01:37 PM)Strela Wrote: Hi All,

Let me reassure you, that nothing has been dropped and that the teams are all working on a range of projects at a continuing frenetic pace.

There has absolutely been disruption with John's passing and we have had to find resources to cover what he had been doing, as well as work out operations in a post John world. This has impacted both external communication as well as things like patch cycles.

We do believe things are now coming together and we are hopeful we can share the future of John Tiller Software publicly very soon.

Please bear with us, but everyone is onboard and if anything adding more projects to the pipeline.

David

David,

Thank you for the reply! This was all I was asking about when I first posted, and that's good enough for me! I'm happy to hear that everyone is still onboard. I'll leave you alone to continue the work now.

To everyone else: My apologies for any misunderstandings of mine while posting to this thread. At times it gets a little confusing (for me least) to tell who is addressing who, or quoting what.
09-10-2021, 12:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-10-2021, 12:37 AM by Mike Prucha.)
Hi all,

Without giving away too much, I thought I'd post a little screenshot from one of several projects that I am involved in right now. Won't say what it is from.

.png   OOB_Screen.png (Size: 8.07 KB / Downloads: 120)

-Mike P
09-10-2021, 03:03 AM,
(09-10-2021, 12:35 AM)Mike Prucha Wrote: Hi all,

Without giving away too much, I thought I'd post a little screenshot from one of several projects that I am involved in right now. Won't say what it is from.

-Mike P

Pretty clear what that is NOT, so I've a fair idea as to what it IS. Bravo - can't wait!