• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MG 44 Ferry Bug?
06-22-2021, 12:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2021, 12:03 PM by HMCS Rosthern.)
MG 44 Ferry Bug?
Take a look at the attached image. The reachable hexes is toggled. The unit starts in the hex, yet I can not cross the ferry. The ferry is not damaged. Any thoughts?
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2021, 12:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2021, 12:04 PM by larsonney.)
RE: MG 44 Ferry Bug?
That’s a motorized infantry unit…I’m guessing it would have to be on foot?
06-22-2021, 12:20 PM,
(06-22-2021, 12:03 PM)larsonney Wrote: That’s a motorized infantry unit…I’m guessing it would have to be on foot?

i thought about that, too. I tried and no luck.
06-22-2021, 01:08 PM,
It appears the image was removed. That makes it harder to understand the situation.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
06-22-2021, 01:28 PM,
(06-22-2021, 01:08 PM)Dog Soldier Wrote: It appears the image was removed.  That makes it harder to understand the situation.

Dog Soldier

.png   ferry.PNG (Size: 63.78 KB / Downloads: 28) added back
06-22-2021, 02:05 PM,
What hex/scenario is that in? The image doesn't show enough to even start to guess what the issue may be, for myself at least. But if I know the hex involved, I can setup a test scenario and play around to troubleshoot it. Thanks.
[Image: exercise.png]
06-22-2021, 02:20 PM,
I do have a guess, but without actual details I am not sure. I think the image shows a ferry across a hexside river. Combined units can't cross a ferry in that case. IF that happens to be the case you need to break the unit down before trying to cross. I just tried in the default MG campaign scenario and was unable to cross a ferry up near Arnhem with a British combined battalion, but I broke it down and was able to cross a company at a time.

This came up in Scheldt and hence why I wonder if it is the problem.

Please let us know.
06-22-2021, 02:25 PM,
(06-22-2021, 02:20 PM)Ricky B Wrote: I do have a guess, but without actual details I am not sure. I think the image shows a ferry across a hexside river. Combined units can't cross a ferry in that case. IF that happens to be the case you need to break the unit down before trying to cross. I just tried in the default MG campaign scenario and was unable to cross a ferry up near Arnhem with a British combined battalion, but I broke it down and was able to cross a company at a time.

This came up in Scheldt and hence why I wonder if it is the problem.

Please let us know.

Yup that was it. I broke it down and i was able to cross a part of the unit. 

Learn something new every day. Wink
06-22-2021, 02:35 PM,
Fyi there is a message that popped up in the bottom left area about the problem. But I miss those all the time, an actual pop up window would make it clear.