• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Fall Gelb
02-23-2021, 03:24 AM,
My 2 Cents  Fall Gelb
50 turns in now in a PBEM as Allied and really cannot say enough good things about this scenario. It really gives you a bit of everything. You have movement fortress busting attack defence breakthrough mass defence mass attack holding fast running away being cut to pieces bombed to bits yet in a hurry to get the troops to the front line. The Dutch the Belgium's do their bit and in some case surpass expectations the BEF holds fast breaks runs counters runs some more gets isolated. It's just great stuff And the French are a real mixture quality and quantity some great some absolute rubbish. Enjoying lots.
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2021, 03:26 AM,
RE: Fall Gelb
(02-23-2021, 03:24 AM)typhoon Wrote: 50 turns in now in a PBEM as Allied and really cannot say enough good things about this scenario. It really gives you a bit of everything. You have movement fortress busting attack defence breakthrough mass defence mass attack holding fast running away being cut to pieces bombed to bits yet in a hurry to get the troops to the front line. The Dutch the Belgium's do their bit and in some case surpass expectations the BEF holds fast breaks runs counters runs some more gets isolated. It's just great stuff And the French are a real mixture quality and quantity some great some absolute rubbish. Enjoying lots.

Sounds like alot of fun.

What title is that scenario from?
02-23-2021, 04:56 AM,
France 1940. Which I played the campaign of a long time ago the original had alternate fire rules and Belgium small companies that could completely stall the German offensives by blocking the river crossings they were impossible to kill with fire and In them days you could not force a river crossing. Fall gelb with the bigger map and normal fire rules is superior in every way.
02-26-2021, 02:28 AM,
I and another player would like to play a team game of this one.   Two or three players for the French against myself and my teammate as Germans.   Anyone interested?
02-27-2021, 01:09 AM,
Thanks for sharing this valuable insight with us!

I have checked the scenario list of France ´40 and found 6 scenarios named "Fall Gelb".

Could you give us the exact name of the scenario you mean, please?
02-28-2021, 02:45 AM,
(02-27-2021, 01:09 AM)LEGXXIIPRPF Wrote: Thanks for sharing this valuable insight with us!

I have checked the scenario list of France ´40 and found 6 scenarios named "Fall Gelb".

Could you give us the exact name of the scenario you mean, please?

I'm sorry I honestly do not know it says Fall Gelb at the top and is 259 turns long. Maybe my opponent who set things up can help you out with that question. Or if not I will ask him when we exchange turns.
02-28-2021, 03:58 AM,
Think I figured it out the save is named 510 01B so my guess is that.
02-28-2021, 04:56 AM,
Are you following the suggested, "Suggested House Rules and Opening Moves for PBEM Play" in the Gold Notes,  for that Scenario?
02-28-2021, 08:09 AM,
(02-28-2021, 04:56 AM)Deturk Wrote: Are you following the suggested, "Suggested House Rules and Opening Moves for PBEM Play" in the Gold Notes,  for that Scenario?

I remember reading the designer notes to make sure it did not use alternate fire rules and then to check the default rules were set correct after we started. Also remember reading about the evacuation but do not remember anything about  opening moves. I may have read this and forgot or simply missed it.
03-01-2021, 08:54 AM,
(02-28-2021, 03:58 AM)typhoon Wrote: Think I figured it out the save is named 510 01B so my guess is that.
It is 510.01b4.