• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for opponents [matchmaking]
01-18-2021, 09:31 AM,
Looking for opponents [matchmaking]
Hope this is the place for Campaign Series - West Front and East Front. Played several years ago and some by e-mail. Had a blast. Looking for a smooth re introduction to PBEM. Someone who can maybe teach me the ropes of this club.

The Hemp.
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2021, 10:47 AM,
RE: Looking for opponents [matchmaking]
Hi The Hemp, I'm your Huckleberry.

esilcoxjr(at)gmail(dot)com

Pick out something you like. I'll try to help you return to gaming WF or EF. I also like Rising Sun.

Farmer

HSL
01-18-2021, 01:13 PM,
(01-18-2021, 09:31 AM)The Hemp Wrote: Hope this is the place for Campaign Series - West Front and East Front.  Played several years ago and some by e-mail. Had a blast.  Looking for a smooth re introduction to PBEM.  Someone who can maybe teach me the ropes of this club. 

The Hemp.

Watch that old bastard HSL lol (hes probably younger and definitely better than me)

If your still looking let me know, Ive just recently got "back in the turret" myself

John
01-19-2021, 12:28 AM,
LOL John.
IIRC, I taught you early on.

And, I'll never be mistaken for a young guy.

Farmer

HSL
01-19-2021, 01:04 AM,
Ed does a very good job of tutoring. Your in good hands
01-19-2021, 01:47 AM,
(01-18-2021, 10:47 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: Hi The Hemp, I'm your Huckleberry.

esilcoxjr(at)gmail(dot)com

Pick out something you like. I'll try to help you return to gaming WF or EF. I also like Rising Sun.

Farmer

HSL
OK.  I am ready to learn a thing or two.  Was trying to get a friend to play by EM.  He had some issues with his computer and updating the Game.  He may have become frustrated.  Can use all suggestion on the game and usage of this site.  Will e-mail you the scenario I was attempting.  Seemed like a meeting engagement in West Front.  Look for mail from me [email protected]. Sending in a couple of minutes.

The Hemp.
01-19-2021, 01:55 AM,
(01-18-2021, 01:13 PM)JRTXX Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 09:31 AM)The Hemp Wrote: Hope this is the place for Campaign Series - West Front and East Front.  Played several years ago and some by e-mail. Had a blast.  Looking for a smooth re introduction to PBEM.  Someone who can maybe teach me the ropes of this club. 

The Hemp.

Watch that old bastard HSL lol (hes probably younger and definitely better than me)

If your still looking let me know, Ive just recently got "back in the turret" myself

John
Thanks.  Will check up on that.  Still new to the site and not sure what all does.  Sent request to HSL for first PBEM battle testing.

The Hemp
01-19-2021, 03:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2021, 03:23 AM by Big Ivan.)
Welcome to the Blitz "The Hemp"! Smile

You'll find a great bunch of gamers around here to have fun with. I'm playing HSL right now and I'm always learning something from him.

I'd offer to play you but my plate is full right now.

Good luck going forward. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

Regards,

Big Ivan (John)  Cigar5
01-19-2021, 05:37 AM,

The Hemp.

Welcome back! Just want to make sure you're using the latest Matrix Games release of JTCS and not the old Talonsoft version. Also, that might be your friend's problem. If not, then his problem is most likely needing to install the Microsoft VC++ 2008: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...aspx?id=29

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-19-2021, 10:29 PM,
(01-19-2021, 05:37 AM)Scud Wrote:

The Hemp.

Welcome back! Just want to make sure you're using the latest Matrix Games release of JTCS and not the old Talonsoft version. Also, that might be your friend's problem. If not, then his problem is most likely needing to install the Microsoft VC++ 2008: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...aspx?id=29

Dave
Thanks - I am using the version purchased from Matrix games.  I gifted the game to my friend from Matrix games.  Thanks for the tips.  Will pass them on to him.  The Hemp.