• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NEW UPDATES
12-31-2020, 08:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-01-2021, 12:24 AM by phoenix.)
NEW UPDATES
3 new updates up on the JTS site, to see out the old year. Korsun, Kursk and Kharkov 42.  They all look great, I think. Especially Kursk - vast improvement there. I always found the terrain difficult to see with even the Gold graphics. Very clear now.
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2020, 10:02 PM,
RE: NEW UPDATES
Remeber to manually target the Gold directory before unzip!
01-13-2021, 11:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2021, 12:00 AM by phoenix.)
More games have appeared on the JTS update page today. Kharkov 43, MG 44 and Minsk
01-14-2021, 12:35 AM,
(01-13-2021, 11:58 PM)phoenix Wrote: More games have appeared on the JTS update page today. Kharkov 43, MG 44 and Minsk

Thank you.
01-14-2021, 03:42 AM,
Thanks for the heads up!  Wink
01-14-2021, 05:08 AM,
Thx alot
01-14-2021, 10:32 AM,
Thx for the heads up!

Does anyone know if/when Modern Campaigns is going to get the update treatment?
01-14-2021, 07:32 PM,
David has said MC will be updated, but I don't know when.
01-14-2021, 08:17 PM,
Must admit I was never a big fan of the graphics in the Gold updates even though I think the updates themselves added whole new life to these fantastic games. Having said that with the latest round of updates the Map graphics and shading have reached a whole new level really impressed. I have now updated Minsk and Korsun to continue playing my PBEM matches and the maps blow me away with their clarity. And all for free simply the best thank you.
01-14-2021, 10:36 PM,
(01-14-2021, 08:17 PM)typhoon Wrote: Must admit I was never a big fan of the graphics in the Gold updates even though I think the updates themselves added whole new life to these fantastic games. Having said that with the latest round of updates the Map graphics and shading have reached a whole new level really impressed. I have now updated Minsk and Korsun to continue playing my PBEM matches and the maps blow me away with their clarity. And all for free simply the best thank you.

Typhoon,

Really happy you like the new look. Getting more pixels (i.e. high resolution), makes all the difference. Graphics really are in the eye of the beholder, so many will like the old vs the new. A lot of the inspiration for the new came from the more recent board game releases. There are some beautiful graphics being used these days.

As far as Modern Campaigns, yes they are on the list. I am focused on PzC currently doing the East and West front first. The desert will be last. We are working through them (roughly) alphabetically and the next three titles to be patched all start with ‘M’.

David