• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bulge '44 Gold [CLOSED]
09-28-2020, 02:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2021, 06:03 AM by Brancaleone.)
a_Arrow  Bulge '44 Gold [CLOSED]
Interested in PBEM scenario #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel) - 2/3 turns a week.  
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2020, 05:54 AM,
RE: Bulge '44 Gold
(09-28-2020, 02:32 AM)Julius Wrote: Interested in PBEM scenario #16_14s Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel) - 2/3 turns a week. [url=https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/showthread.php?tid=73407][/url]

Sure I'll accept the challenge. I'm happy to play the US side if you want. 

2 turns per week is good enough for me. The German player has a lot of units to move so no point in getting burned out or stressed early on.

I'll send you an email. 

Brian Jennings has actually made several changes to his scenario but lets try the one which comes with the Gold version.

Ian
09-30-2020, 05:17 PM,
Hi Ian
I have read your post on the TOC AAR / DAR forum regarding that scenario, a great job from you. We can decide together which optional rules to adopt. I will follow the instructions in your post to check and possibly change the PDT settings. However, I would have only a few notes. In the original scenario downloaded from JTS the German units Einheit Steilau are not present and neither the s.PzJag.Abt.653 which was certainly present and assigned to Pz.AOK. 5. Also, but this only for personal consideration, I would have doubts about the actual effectiveness of the bunkers occupied by some American units. In fact, the bunkers in question were part of the advanced fortifications of the Siegfried line, therefore they were facing west and therefore no defensive fire could be projected from them at units coming from the East. Anyway, ok, I'll wait for you.

Best Regards

Julius
10-01-2020, 07:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2020, 07:47 AM by Plain Ian.)
<p>
(09-30-2020, 05:17 PM)Julius Wrote: Hi Ian
I have read your post on the TOC AAR / DAR forum regarding that scenario, a great job from you. We can decide together which optional rules to adopt. I will follow the instructions in your post to check and possibly change the PDT settings. However, I would have only a few notes. In the original scenario downloaded from JTS the German units Einheit Steilau are not present and neither the s.PzJag.Abt.653 which was certainly present and assigned to Pz.AOK. 5. Also, but this only for personal consideration, I would have doubts about the actual effectiveness of the bunkers occupied by some American units. In fact, the bunkers in question were part of the advanced fortifications of the Siegfried line, therefore they were facing west and therefore no defensive fire could be projected from them at units coming from the East. Anyway, ok, I'll wait for you.

Best Regards

Julius

</p><p><br></p><p>I will send you the last scn/oob/pdt files I received from Brian. This&nbsp;should give you Herbstrevisted2.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>The Einheit Steilau now appear and the German has strategic options.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>The 9 Jagdpanzer VI's&nbsp;of s.PzJag.Abt.653 are not in the scenario though. They show in the oob file but are not in the scn file? It looks like Brian forgot to place them? In fact they are in the original 2018 oob file Wacht an Rhein (Herbstnebel) so are supposed to be the game?</p><p><br></p><p>If you know which hex they start in or when and where they arrive we can edit the scn file.</p><p><br></p><p>In the latest version of the scenario Brian increased a lot of TRENCHES into Pillboxes in order to slow down the German advances. If you feel this is not correct then we may have to play with the scenario that comes with Gold?</p><p><br></p><p>The last version Brian sent also had 'missing' pictures for some units but this was because unit names had been changed. We will have to fix these as well.</p><p><br></p><p>I've sent a zipped file but changed the file extension from .rar to .txt. Simply rename edit/rename the file&nbsp;

<!--StartFragment--><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: nowrap; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial; display: inline !important; float: none;">Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)Revisited.rar and open.</span></p><p><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: nowrap; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial; display: inline !important; float: none;"><br></span></p><p><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: nowrap; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial; display: inline !important; float: none;"><br></span></p><p><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: nowrap; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial; display: inline !important; float: none;">Ian</span></p>

Attached Files
.txt   Wacht am Rhein (Herbstnebel)Revisited.txt (Size: 99.62 KB / Downloads: 5)
10-01-2020, 08:51 AM,
We have a temporary issue with code showing up in posts which unfortunately happened in the last post.
10-01-2020, 10:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2020, 10:32 AM by Brancaleone.)
Hi Ian,

I am sending you the original scenario file of the Gold version with the only addition of the eight Einheit Steilau units and with

the original position of bunkers and trenches. No other changes.

The s.PzJag.Abt 653 in reality could not be present at the beginning of the offensive because he was still traveling towards the

front line.

If that's okay with you, we can even start.

[Image: PzJg_Ab_653.JPG]
10-01-2020, 10:26 AM,
(10-01-2020, 08:51 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: We have a temporary issue with code showing up in posts which unfortunately happened in the last post.

Mex Big Grin Wink
10-02-2020, 06:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2020, 06:46 AM by Plain Ian.)
(10-01-2020, 10:26 AM)Julius Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 08:51 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: We have a temporary issue with code showing up in posts which unfortunately happened in the last post.

Mex Big Grin Wink

Hi Julius can you mail the changed game files to my email address. I'll have a quick look at them but I'm happy to kick the game off. So if you want you can send the first turn. 

Optional Rules as per notes

Alternative Indirect Fire Resolution
Alternative Direct Fire Resolution
Alternative Assault Resolution
Artillery Set Up
Recon Spotting
Optional Surrender
Low Visibility Air Effects
Quality Fatigue Modifier
Counterbattery Fire
Night Fatigue
Explicit Supply
Programmed Weather
limited air recon
delayed disruption reporting

Can you check my weather file? I'm not sure if this is the herbst weather as I can't remember if I changed things back after the games with Brian?

This is what is I see in weather.dat

[Image: 2020-10-01_21h34_19.png]

Edit: I think this is the herbst weather dat. It runs to the 6th January.

Edit: email address is [email protected]

Ian
10-05-2020, 01:25 AM,
b_Exclamation Mark  RE: Bulge '44 Gold
(10-02-2020, 06:41 AM)Plain Ian Wrote: Hi Julius can you mail the changed game files to my email address. I'll have a quick look at them but I'm happy to kick the game off. So if you want you can send the first turn. 

Artillery Set Up
Recon Spotting
Optional Surrender
Quality Fatigue Modifier
Counterbattery Fire
Night Fatigue
Explicit Supply
Programmed Weather
limited air recon

Can you check my weather file? I'm not sure if this is the herbst weather as I can't remember if I changed things back after the games with Brian?

Ian

Plain Ian, the emails I send you come back to me, maybe you have problems with your inbox.
10-05-2020, 04:00 AM,
(10-05-2020, 01:25 AM)Julius Wrote:
(10-02-2020, 06:41 AM)Plain Ian Wrote: Hi Julius can you mail the changed game files to my email address. I'll have a quick look at them but I'm happy to kick the game off. So if you want you can send the first turn. 

Artillery Set Up
Recon Spotting
Optional Surrender
Quality Fatigue Modifier
Counterbattery Fire
Night Fatigue
Explicit Supply
Programmed Weather
limited air recon

Ian

Plain Ian, the emails I send you come back to me, maybe you have problems with your inbox.

Hi Julius. I am not sure what the problem is. I use Virgin email as my mail provider and I don't usually have any problems? 
I received your email which you sent through the Blitz on Thursday 1st ok?

Can you either use the Blitz message system or the Blitz email system and send me your email address.