• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Back From Long Break
09-17-2020, 10:17 PM,
Feedback Needed  Back From Long Break
It has been about 10 years since I played CS games.  Has anything changed about the game?  I used to be really active about ... 20 years ago!?!  Gosh, time flies.  My game works on my computer but has there been any new patch in 10 years?  Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2020, 06:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-19-2020, 12:20 PM by Scud.)
RE: Back From Long Break
(09-17-2020, 10:17 PM)Rustbelt Wrote: It has been about 10 years since I played CS games.  Has anything changed about the game?  I used to be really active about ... 20 years ago!?!  Gosh, time flies.  My game works on my computer but has there been any new patch in 10 years?  Thanks.

If you have the Talonsoft version, then yes, tons. If you have the Matrix version then it depends on which patch. It's up to v2.02. Matrix link to the game: https://www.matrixgames.com/game/john-ti...ign-series

There are new countries represented, new toolbars and game interface options, new assault rules (extreme assault - optional) which is morale based, so assaulting disrupted troops is no longer a given. All the old scenarios still work. No more map issues with the various Talonsoft versions. New unit types, like bridge building engineers. Tons. 

It still plays like the old game, though, so I think if you liked it once, you still will. 

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
09-24-2020, 03:11 AM,
RE: Back From Long Break
(09-17-2020, 10:17 PM)Rustbelt Wrote: It has been about 10 years since I played CS games.  Has anything changed about the game?  I used to be really active about ... 20 years ago!?!  Gosh, time flies.  My game works on my computer but has there been any new patch in 10 years?  Thanks.

Well....another old fart rejoins the ranks! I just spent the $$$ and DL'd the new version.
"I keep a flask of whiskey in my left pocket in case of snake bite....and I keep a small snake in my right pocket" W.C. Fields