• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

what does this ! mean when next to abridge on the map?
01-25-2020, 10:06 PM,
what does this ! mean when next to abridge on the map?
Whats does a exclamation mark ! mean when next to abridge on the map?
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2020, 03:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2020, 03:40 PM by Ricky B.)
RE: what does this ! mean when next to abridge on the map?
That it is damaged I believe. Check the hex info box, it should provide more detail. This will show the bridge status as damaged if it is the bridge. If not the bridge, I would still expect the hex info box to show what the issue is.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-26-2020, 09:13 PM,
(01-26-2020, 03:37 PM)Ricky B Wrote: That it is damaged I believe. Check the hex info box, it should provide more detail. This will show the bridge status as damaged if it is the bridge. If not the bridge, I would still expect the hex info box to show what the issue is.

Rick
01-26-2020, 09:22 PM,
hi
I have looked at the hex info box before I posted my query and had a good look through the manual. But I couldn't see anything that referred to !
Movement across the bridge doesn't seem to be affected.
My guess is it indicates
1 fortification,obstacles or mines are present
2 the bridge is set up for demolition and can be destroyed anytime by the owning player.
3 As you say it could mean it damaged.

Thanks for your suggestion. pavane
01-27-2020, 06:31 AM,
Depends on the game and graphics you are running. But in the first and only game I checked, the ! symbols were related to damaged bridges and ferries, and nothing else. So the next question would be what game, and are you running custom graphics? The ! would be a graphic, that can be changed to or from another graphic, signaling something related to the map and items as you suggest.
[Image: exercise.png]
01-27-2020, 07:25 AM,
interesting suggestion. Well its on windows 7 and so far have noticed it on france 40 and minsk 44 both gold.
01-27-2020, 09:18 AM,
(01-26-2020, 09:22 PM)pavane Wrote: hi
I  have looked at the hex info box before I posted my query and had a good look through the manual. But I couldn't see anything that referred to !

Did you right-click on the hex info box to bring up the terrain info? If so, did it show  that the bridge was intact?
01-28-2020, 07:38 AM,
It can also be a damaged rail situated next to that bridge, so right-click and check for rail-damage too.

Jison
Send this user an email
01-28-2020, 07:22 PM,
(01-27-2020, 09:18 AM)Green Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 09:22 PM)pavane Wrote: hi
I  have looked at the hex info box before I posted my query and had a good look through the manual. But I couldn't see anything that referred to !

Did you right-click on the hex info box to bring up the terrain info? If so, did it show  that the bridge was intact?

Hi
Yes i did right click and it said bridge was damaged thanks.

Also while playing Minsk 44 last night my units advanced into the south hex of a ! bridge and a box opened saying 'bridge has not been demolished'.
So I assume now that ! stand for damaged or wired for demolition bridge. That may or may not be destroyed by enemy forces using it.
01-28-2020, 08:18 PM,
(01-28-2020, 07:22 PM)pavane Wrote: Also while playing Minsk 44 last night my units advanced into the south hex of a ! bridge and a box opened saying 'bridge has not been demolished'.
So I assume now that ! stand for damaged or wired for demolition bridge. That may or may not be destroyed by enemy forces using it.

No, there is no on-map display of a Wired bridge. This status is only displayed in the hex info box (using right-click). Perhaps the hex you were looking at has more than one bridge?