• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
what does this ! mean when next to abridge on the map? - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tiller Operational Campaigns (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: what does this ! mean when next to abridge on the map? (/showthread.php?tid=73120)

Pages: 1 2

what does this ! mean when next to abridge on the map? - pavane - 01-25-2020

Whats does a exclamation mark ! mean when next to abridge on the map?

RE: what does this ! mean when next to abridge on the map? - Ricky B - 01-26-2020

That it is damaged I believe. Check the hex info box, it should provide more detail. This will show the bridge status as damaged if it is the bridge. If not the bridge, I would still expect the hex info box to show what the issue is.

Rick

RE: what does this ! mean when next to abridge on the map? - pavane - 01-26-2020

(01-26-2020, 03:37 PM)Ricky B Wrote: That it is damaged I believe. Check the hex info box, it should provide more detail. This will show the bridge status as damaged if it is the bridge. If not the bridge, I would still expect the hex info box to show what the issue is.

Rick

RE: what does this ! mean when next to abridge on the map? - pavane - 01-26-2020

hi
I have looked at the hex info box before I posted my query and had a good look through the manual. But I couldn't see anything that referred to !
Movement across the bridge doesn't seem to be affected.
My guess is it indicates
1 fortification,obstacles or mines are present
2 the bridge is set up for demolition and can be destroyed anytime by the owning player.
3 As you say it could mean it damaged.

Thanks for your suggestion. pavane

RE: what does this ! mean when next to abridge on the map? - Ricky B - 01-27-2020

Depends on the game and graphics you are running. But in the first and only game I checked, the ! symbols were related to damaged bridges and ferries, and nothing else. So the next question would be what game, and are you running custom graphics? The ! would be a graphic, that can be changed to or from another graphic, signaling something related to the map and items as you suggest.

RE: what does this ! mean when next to abridge on the map? - pavane - 01-27-2020

interesting suggestion. Well its on windows 7 and so far have noticed it on france 40 and minsk 44 both gold.

RE: what does this ! mean when next to abridge on the map? - Green - 01-27-2020

(01-26-2020, 09:22 PM)pavane Wrote: hi
I  have looked at the hex info box before I posted my query and had a good look through the manual. But I couldn't see anything that referred to !

Did you right-click on the hex info box to bring up the terrain info? If so, did it show  that the bridge was intact?

RE: what does this ! mean when next to abridge on the map? - Jison - 01-28-2020

It can also be a damaged rail situated next to that bridge, so right-click and check for rail-damage too.

Jison

RE: what does this ! mean when next to abridge on the map? - pavane - 01-28-2020

(01-27-2020, 09:18 AM)Green Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 09:22 PM)pavane Wrote: hi
I  have looked at the hex info box before I posted my query and had a good look through the manual. But I couldn't see anything that referred to !

Did you right-click on the hex info box to bring up the terrain info? If so, did it show  that the bridge was intact?

Hi
Yes i did right click and it said bridge was damaged thanks.

Also while playing Minsk 44 last night my units advanced into the south hex of a ! bridge and a box opened saying 'bridge has not been demolished'.
So I assume now that ! stand for damaged or wired for demolition bridge. That may or may not be destroyed by enemy forces using it.

RE: what does this ! mean when next to abridge on the map? - Green - 01-28-2020

(01-28-2020, 07:22 PM)pavane Wrote: Also while playing Minsk 44 last night my units advanced into the south hex of a ! bridge and a box opened saying 'bridge has not been demolished'.
So I assume now that ! stand for damaged or wired for demolition bridge. That may or may not be destroyed by enemy forces using it.

No, there is no on-map display of a Wired bridge. This status is only displayed in the hex info box (using right-click). Perhaps the hex you were looking at has more than one bridge?