• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SPWW2 version 6
04-14-2013, 12:22 AM,
SPWW2 version 6
Select screen has new button. Arty for direct support or Arty under command. Can someone explain the options?
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2013, 01:55 AM,
RE: SPWW2 version 6
Hi,

you can read it in the description of the patches on the Shrapnel Games site. In short, calling time is longer; less possible to counter battery fire etc., but it is cheaper.
04-14-2013, 10:57 AM,
It is supposed to represent arty units that are servicing many other units than your troops.
They can also be out of radio contact more often, I assume doing shoots for other units on different maps.
I think it was mainly added for pre-game bombardments in pre-made scenarios...not really a tool for PBEM.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
04-15-2013, 03:51 AM,
(04-14-2013, 10:57 AM)Walrus Wrote: It is supposed to represent arty units that are servicing many other units than your troops.
They can also be out of radio contact more often, I assume doing shoots for other units on different maps.
I think it was mainly added for pre-game bombardments in pre-made scenarios...not really a tool for PBEM.

The Direct Artillery support mode could work for PBEM premade scenario battles.
04-15-2013, 10:10 AM,
Oh yes, it will work OK. What I mean was that the designers would have been thinking about human v AI when they developed this feature. Everything will work for PBEM.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?