• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Team Game?
04-28-2012, 04:15 AM,
RE: Team Game?
Those games are under testing, but I do agree that once they get solidified, they'll be good for a team type of a game. The one I've looked at was absolutely massive.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2012, 06:50 AM,
That's not a bad idea as this scenario is going to be pretty small for three players on a side. I'll contact Marc and see what he recommends. We still need one more Russian to protect the motherland.

Jeff
04-29-2012, 04:42 AM,
I looked at the three scenarios that Marc has and I think the Liebstandarte scenario will do as well any of the three for a team game. He has more that he is working on that will be larger, but they are not complete yet.

I am leaving in a couple of hours for a bike ride in Chico and I won't be back online until tomorrow evening late. Since Compass Rose (cool name by the way), is not particular about which side he plays on, we'll "draft" him into the Army of the Rodina. That leaves Richie, Grofaz and Rabbit as the Germans. The Germans move first.

I don't know if any of you have played a team game before. It's really pretty simple. Each side determines an order that they will play in. The first player starts the game, plays with his units, saves the game including setting a password and then sends the saved turn and the password to the next player. Do not, repeat do not, end the turn unless you are the last player on your side. The completed turn is then passed on to your opponents. It's a good idea to send the turn to all of your opponents so that they can all see the replay if they are so inclined. You will need to have a discussion amongst yourselves on who will command which troops, what your plan is and who, if anyone, will be in command.

I've played several team games; I don't think I have ever been part of one that actually was completed before the players started to disappear. Squad Battles should be better in this regard as it plays much faster and while this is a long scenario for Squad Battles, it is only thirty turns. The Germans will be headed back to Berlin with their tails between their legs long before then anyway.

My email address is jefferyconner at suddenlink dot net if anyone needs it. I have Joao's, but not Compass Rose's (well I might, because I don't know your real name). Let's get this thing going.

Jeff

05-02-2012, 11:47 AM,
I'm back from the bike ride and still breathing, although it was a near run thing. The Russians are waiting for the Germans to make the first move. The scenario file is 020.Zadelnoye and the scenario name is Liebstandarte at Kursk. It is a German attack on the Russian first line of defenses on Day 1 of the battle. Hopefully, someone will take the lead and get the Germans organized?

Jeff
05-02-2012, 12:21 PM,
(05-02-2012, 11:47 AM)Jeff Conner Wrote: I'm back from the bike ride and still breathing, although it was a near run thing. The Russians are waiting for the Germans to make the first move. The scenario file is 020.Zadelnoye and the scenario name is Liebstandarte at Kursk. It is a German attack on the Russian first line of defenses on Day 1 of the battle. Hopefully, someone will take the lead and get the Germans organized?

Jeff

I am still hunkered down in the staging area & waiting for the first flare to be fired Knight

"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
05-04-2012, 02:17 PM,
[Image: Grim+fighting+in+Stalingrad.+Autumn+1942.jpg]
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
05-04-2012, 10:59 PM,
It doesn't appear that we have a very fast start to this game. If you guys have not done so already, you need to swap email addresses so that you can communicate with each other. Then you need to divvy up your forces. If I remember correctly there is a Panzergrenadier battalion, an engineer company, an assault gun company and a Tiger platoon. So you could give one player all the armor, another two companies of the infantry battalion and the third the remaining company and the engineers. Or you can come up with some other way to organize your command. But if this thing is going to get off the ground, you need to get started.

Jeff
05-04-2012, 11:11 PM,
Best bet, Jeff, is to get EMAIL address and start a EMAIL chain. It's how I keep the tourney games on track, mostly.
05-05-2012, 01:48 AM,
I fear I have been one of the unresponsive ones as I've been swamped the last two days. I expect this weekend I should have time to get going on this ... if my fellow comrades haven't had a chance to kick things off by then.
05-07-2012, 11:07 PM,
Did you guys manage to get this game up and running?

If not, I recommend that Jeff run this game as the 'project manager', basically assigning duties to both sides, or at the very least, making sure that the German side has a leader who is organizing things on that end. The longer this takes to get off the ground, the less likely it is to be sustainable, IMHO.

It's kinda why I've never been a big fan of team games. It's hard enough keeping two guys motivated and moving. 6 seems to be a tough call, especially if real life intervenes.

Let me know if you need someone to help push this along. I can always jump in as the Project Coordinator to try to push things along...