• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

First Panzer Battles Tournament
02-07-2015, 01:56 PM,
RE: First Panzer Battles Tournament
OJW(German) and Kuriltai(Russian) wrapped up a hard fought battle that resulted in a German Major Defeat.
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2015, 06:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2015, 06:24 PM by Solyom2.)
10-3 Squad Leader!
I already sent the result. Here's the result screen. It was a bloody battle.

Attached Files
.jpg   Result2.jpg (Size: 100.04 KB / Downloads: 24)
02-13-2015, 05:15 PM,
[Image: Kursk%20Advance.jpg]
Round two is over and the results are posted on the competition page. I have also posted there the match ups for the third round. Look for an email from me with the new scenario for the third round. Strela has allowed another first look for the tournament members of the new scenario which will be in the first patch.

Beerweasel and Kuriltai are the guys to catch after two rounds. They are sitting at the top of the Axis and Soviet rankings. Do not worry though. There are plenty of rounds yet to go and everything can change in the standings with each round. All scores are very tight.

Since some have asked, I will say all match ups for the rounds were determined before the tournament began. I used a random generator to select the match ups, then adjusted slightly so everyone will get to play everyone else by the end of the tournament.
I hope everyone enjoys this variety in opponents and maybe even make some new friends along the way.

Best to everyone in the tournament. Enjoy!

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
02-14-2015, 04:50 AM,
Beerweasel might be quite difficult to catch, as he's several hundred points ahead of all of us, and Ozerovskii is the only scenario with high VP objectives.

Good luck with Nechaevka everyone and enjoy the next round!

In the upcoming weeks, Gregor and I will AAR our Yakovlevo game.
02-14-2015, 11:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2015, 11:45 AM by Dog Soldier.)
(02-14-2015, 04:50 AM)ComradeP Wrote: Beerweasel might be quite difficult to catch, as he's several hundred points ahead of all of us, and Ozerovskii is the only scenario with high VP objectives.

Everything in this tournament is relative.
Round two #0706_03 Yakovlevo - Breaching the Second Line 600 Total Victory Point Locations
Round three #0706_04 Nechaevka - Das Reich's Full Force 800 Total Victory Point Locations

Essentially round two and round three are the same size. They are very different situations. The forces on each side are different in their make up. I stress capturing or denying the enemy objectives, because that is how you achieve the victory levels in PzB Kursk games. If you like to do math, and I know some of you do, the losses on each side can be close to equal when counting by victory points in most games. Victory points for objectives then determine who wins. At least that is my experience from playing this game for two years now.

The tournament is only just beginning the third round. We are not even half way yet. The standings are based on how well you do relative to the other players of the same side who start with exactly the same situation as you do. By the tournament's end, everyone will have had a chance top play everyone else.

Beerweasel scored a major victory in a round when no other Axis player won their game. That does help give him a better lead than on the Soviet side where four Soviet players won their games this round. But it is not an impossible lead to catch this early in the tournament.

Round 2
One Axis major victory
One Soviet major victory
Three Soviet minor victories
One draw

Good luck in round three to all!

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
02-15-2015, 07:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-15-2015, 07:37 PM by ComradeP.)
As the release of the new patch is "imminent" would it be OK to wait for it before starting the game, or is it felt that might give some advantage of some sort to any of the sides?

I'm not sure if PB's patches can be applied during a game, as aside from the OOB/database changes possibly not being taken into account as in PzC I don't know if the mechanics will work properly if the game is patched whilst a scenario is in progress.

If, for example, the AA mechanics were tweaked not through mechanics (such as, for example, not doubling zero range AA values for non-AA units) but by a reduction of AA values (and thus an OOB/database change) I'd like to wait if that's alright.
02-15-2015, 07:56 PM,
OJW and myself has started, wish you all best of luck in this third engagement.
02-16-2015, 02:15 AM,
ComradeP - OOB and PDT changes DO take effect in existing games. The only changes not reflected are scenario changes, and since we have the latest scenario, any coming patch won't matter for that either.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
02-16-2015, 04:16 AM,
OK, I thought OOB changes didn't take effect because in Moscow '42, the originally missing Soviet formations in the December campaign wouldn't appear until you restarted, but I guess that was a scenario change as they arrived as reinforcements.
02-16-2015, 08:58 AM,
The OOB stores unit values. The save game stores current status of units and the map, and ties back to the OOB. The save game is not impacted by a new scenario file. So adding units, mines, etc to a scenario will not be reflected in the save game, but changing unit values will be.
[Image: exercise.png]