• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Feature requests
06-20-2016, 09:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2016, 09:43 PM by Pepe Botijo.)
RE: Feature requests
A higher assault value for the StuG (and russian assault guns: SU; ISU) is needed. They have actually 4, which is really low. Assault guns were designed for assaults.
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2016, 02:52 AM,
Well, call them assault guns is a "mistake" they were more "SPGs" selfpropelled guns to provide firesupport, no shock support by assault because the lack of turret made them very vulnerable in assault situations and not very usefull in close terrain to react to enemy on their flanks.

In game a low assault value is correct because the best use for them is have them behind infantry shoting enemy.

Other history is defensive value... here i think that Stugs and specially PanzerJagers need better defensive value because their value was in ambush tactics capable of destroy enemy and not be spoted saddly in game there is not a "camo factor" to help that kind of armored tactics and with recon vehicles are specially vulnerable to AT units... in general the defensive factor is more based in armor over the survive chance of the vehicle based in "soft" stats like mobility or the tactical use.
06-21-2016, 04:26 PM,
The solution could be that the tank destroyers not reveal their position, if they are hidden, concealed, they fired the first time. It was revealed in the next turn, only if they return to fire in the same position.
07-24-2016, 06:15 AM,
To avoid micromanagement would be cool the possibility of continuos movement. So, you can give orders once and troops will follow them during several turns. Very useful for huge scenarios.
07-24-2016, 09:05 AM,
(07-24-2016, 06:15 AM)Pepe Botijo Wrote: To avoid micromanagement would be cool the possibility of continuos movement. So, you can give orders once and troops will follow them during several turns. Very useful for huge scenarios.

You can do that by issuing AI orders. With a unit selected, hold down CTRL and click on the destination and I believe you should get an AI order setup that will be followed each turn until the units arrive at the destination.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
07-24-2016, 07:43 PM,
Hey, thanks for the info. Holding down ALT you can move all units of the same division. It doesn´t seem to work with CTRL. Is there anyway to move individual units?
08-27-2016, 09:30 PM,
Just an example of a 2D map with clear contourns and heights (darker higher altitude). From Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm. Hope this helps.

Attached Files
.jpg   C6.jpg (Size: 363.18 KB / Downloads: 30)
09-03-2016, 02:50 AM,
I would like to see a release to Android and / or iPAD - smaller battles only of course - like PZC or MC implementations.

Thank you
Send this user an email
09-08-2016, 03:44 AM,
Reading Iron Cross Brigade just released by Leaping Horseman Publishing. Half way through and it's superb!

Anyway I was surprised to see how many tanks the Stugs of 244 took out. One Stug in one combat took out 17 tanks on it's own, many where T34s. I always thought of them as an Inf support gun to take out other Inf and Inf strongpoints. Seems they where pretty hand in an anti tank role aswell.
Send this user an email
09-08-2016, 08:31 AM,
(08-27-2016, 09:30 PM)Pepe Botijo Wrote: Just an example of a 2D map with clear contours and heights (darker higher altitude). From Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm. Hope this helps.

Interesting, however are there any maps with a lot of elevations close by. The one screenshot there has maybe 3.

I don't know that the fields can be done short of making the map a single image, which while I won't speak for PzB, but other titles that are directly published by JTS, isn't an option (I am not talking about that it cannot technically be done; essentially the image files that are produced are too large).

I think I can manage streams and creeks flowing into full hex water courses, but that is limited too because you are limited to only so many hexside graphics -so you lose a bit of variation. Same thing sorta goes for the elevation lines, but part of that visibility also is going to do with how many elevations that you have to use (eg how many different shades ... it is fairly easy to do 2 or 3 elevations and get a great result but gets incrementally tougher the darker/lighter that your hex shades go.

Anyway ... am getting ready to start experimenting what with an impending release coming out so I'd been thinking about this sort of stuff. :)
Send this user an email