06-20-2008, 02:30 AM,
RE: Replaying moves and the patch
Nice weather today, eh?

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2008, 02:33 AM,
Jason Petho Wrote:Nice weather today, eh?

Jason Petho

Whaddya Saying?

LOL!! Actually it is very nice in my neck of the woods.

Thanx!
06-20-2008, 03:37 AM,
Richardew Wrote:A player could always copy a file multiple times, scout out the opponent and then play the turn until getting the desired result. I don't see anything that will detect and prevent this.

The AWD Load Counter is not fooled by this; it 'registers' a player turn the first time it is loaded and will increase the load count whenever the same player turn is loaded again. Renaming the file, etc. doesn't wipe out the load count. Other cheats are available; I agree that there are no foolproof ways to stop determined rulebreakers, just like there's no foolproof way to prevent nuclear war ... but efforts at deterrence can still be worth the effort, to the benefit of the greater community.
06-20-2008, 03:51 AM,
Jason Petho Wrote:Nice weather today, eh?

Jason Petho

LMAO Big Grin
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-20-2008, 04:20 AM,
Let's see.........I save the game after my arty.....by damn wether you think I cheat or not I'm not watching that whole thing again if I lose the power.

I usually save the game regularly as I play so as not to have to redo the whole thing again because of a power loss......number of times I save depends on complexity of scenario........I usually only play large scenarios so I save more often..........CAUSE I DON'T WANT TO GO THRU THE WHOLE THING AGAIN IF I LOSE POWER...........those of you that live in a faultless power grid....think your selves lucky..............there are times we have the justly famous power flicker......that's all it takes to shut down computers where I live.........the twinkling of an eye as it were......so, I guess I cheat........I will stand by my opinion that this will cause way more problems then it solves..........and no I am not belittling the beta team......I am belittling the people that are so paranoid as to insist on this crap....but then again as the old saying goes "It takes a thief ,to know a thief"

I guess I am finished now!

von Earlmann
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
06-20-2008, 04:39 AM,
Well said Von Earlmann,

Remember my friend you can always get a game with me. We can save often together! cheers

Thanx!
06-20-2008, 04:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2008, 05:44 AM by Peiper.)
I think so too, not saving in game it´s the problem, restart without is it. The way with the save monitor is wrong and will not a hint for real cheaters and will made some mistakes between fair and honorable players. Cheaters if there are in our league will only stoped with a tool against restart without a saving with last stand. This could be a automatically saving while gaming.

If every player knows there are a perfectly automatically save in game they can disrupt the game for family, cats, dogs and others and play without saving especially. And cheaters could only go one way, start the game new again and again from beginning. And i´m sure, this will be funny only for few times for this freaks and will helps to stop it! ;) Don´t forget, the cheaters playing not for fun, they only want to win!
06-20-2008, 05:25 AM,
Hey Eric,
Why don't we play again my friend...........pick something..and send a turn........also remember I have no files so, whatever we play I will need the map and org files.....I don't need the scn file cause I won't look......:-)
von Earlmann
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
06-20-2008, 05:29 AM,
Von Earlmann Wrote:Hey Eric,
Why don't we play again my friend...........pick something..and send a turn........also remember I have no files so, whatever we play I will need the map and org files.....I don't need the scn file cause I won't look......:-)
von Earlmann

Hello Earl,

Well the first question must be: Have you upgraded to 1.03? I have not. Let me know.

Thanx!

Erik
06-20-2008, 05:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2008, 05:34 AM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
It's good to have open discourse about this topic. :)
But, the hypotheticals and "mountains to mole hills" arguments get us no where? :rolleyes:

We will look into each case as they come up. Even if it is just someone who thinks that the save counter is the be all and end all. :smoke:

And the weather is great over by me (who lives near Erik).

cheers