• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles Demo - Released!
04-04-2017, 06:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-04-2017, 06:33 PM by Pinetree.)
RE: Panzer Battles Demo - Released!
(04-04-2017, 06:39 AM)wiggum Wrote:
(04-03-2017, 11:23 PM)berto Wrote:
(04-03-2017, 07:01 AM)wiggum Wrote: What do you say about giving the Shading options a different color in the menu bar ?
Currently these drown in the pool of all the other green colored menu options in the bar.

It's easier to commit to memory the hot key for these several functions.  Less mousing around with the right hand to find the toolbar button.  More use of the otherwise idle left hand.

Hotkeys ? Whats that ? Big Grin

Well, you did a pretty good job with the coloring of the menu bar but lost it a bit with all the green colored buttons at the end. Adding one or two more colors would be better for usability in my opinion.
I agree, there's a lot green buttons there. Here's a thought: make the buttons that shade hexes grey as that is what they do to the terrain, and the buttons that highlight units yellow as that is the colour of the highlight square.

edit: quick mock up of my idea:

.jpg   menubuttons.jpg (Size: 62.74 KB / Downloads: 26)
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2017, 07:49 PM,
(04-04-2017, 06:18 PM)Pinetree Wrote:
(04-03-2017, 07:01 AM)wiggum Wrote: What do you say about giving the Shading options a different color in the menu bar ?
Currently these drown in the pool of all the other green colored menu options in the bar.

It's easier to commit to memory the hot key for these several functions.  Less mousing around with the right hand to find the toolbar button.  More use of the otherwise idle left hand.

Well, you did a pretty good job with the coloring of the menu bar but lost it a bit with all the green colored buttons at the end. Adding one or two more colors would be better for usability in my opinion.
I agree, there's a lot green buttons there. Here's a thought: make the buttons that shade hexes grey as that is what they do to the terrain, and the buttons that highlight units yellow as that is the colour of the highlight square.

Great idea, would be much better.
04-05-2017, 01:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-05-2017, 01:44 AM by Compass Rose.)
[Image: 43d6665829th_ditto.gif]

That sure does sound like a very user-friendly idea, if it can be done.
04-06-2017, 03:35 AM,
wiggum: the way grass hexes are represented, with a large number of little dots and some clusters, makes it difficult to spot the terrain type in tiles with a similar colour.

Changing the shading or colour intensity can help, but due to all the different elevation levels you encounter, it's likely that at some elevation level the grass will barely be visible. Admittedly, I rarely encountered this problem with the original graphics.

If you look at the new standard graphics in the tutorial scenario, for example, trying to spot which hexes contain grass around the Barracks objective is difficult to do at a glance due to how murky the combination of colours becomes.

-

Maybe this went wrong with porting graphics between systems or maybe I never noticed it, but in standard zoom the German PaK units display a motorized AT symbol, which is incorrect as it should show a tracked icon, but when you zoom out it suddenly shows an SPG symbol with halftracked movement.

I'm not sure if the incorrect icons in PzC were fixed after the graphics were ported (the Kursk symbols/icons didn't match the modes of transportation in PzC Moscow '42).
04-06-2017, 05:48 PM,
(04-06-2017, 03:35 AM)ComradeP Wrote: f you look at the new standard graphics in the tutorial scenario, for example, trying to spot which hexes contain grass around the Barracks objective is difficult to do at a glance due to how murky the combination of colours becomes.

The tutorial scenario is "Soft Ground" condition which means other map graphics are used.
I didnt like them either (too green, too saturated) and replaced them with the standard colors.
04-18-2017, 04:07 PM,
I just noticed the SS have a late war HA rating in the demo.

I've been trying to find some information as to whether they might have picked up part of the first production run of the Panzerfaust 30 when moving back to the Ukraine, but thus far I can't find any information about that.
05-18-2017, 02:11 AM,
(04-04-2017, 06:18 PM)Pinetree Wrote:

Hi Guys,

Back working on Panzer Battles 3  Helmet Wink

For all asking for it in this thread, we have updated many of the sounds in game - very happy with the changes. These are not the FWWC sounds ported across.

We also have a prototype of a new task bar, fixing the current 'green out'.

See below. The top graphic are the current icons set and below is the proposed new ones. The Green icons have been broken into three groups. Tan is for 'shade commands' such as movement, command and weapon ranges. Khaki is for unit and other highlight commands. Green is for all others, usually map and other miscellaneous functions.

Right click to see the graphic full size.

Original on top, new on the bottom.
[Image: PB%20Graphics%20501.png]

David
05-18-2017, 02:14 AM,
(04-18-2017, 04:07 PM)ComradeP Wrote: I just noticed the SS have a late war HA rating in the demo.

I've been trying to find some information as to whether they might have picked up part of the first production run of the Panzerfaust 30 when moving back to the Ukraine, but thus far I can't find any information about that.

There were prototype Panzerfaust 30's used by III Panzer Korp at Kursk in July. I agree that they may not have been common come August 1943 (a month later) but if anyone was going to get them the SS would and at the time of Bogodukhov they were part of III Panzer Korp...

David
05-18-2017, 06:30 AM,
Looks good David.
05-18-2017, 09:13 AM,
(05-18-2017, 02:14 AM)Strela Wrote:
(04-18-2017, 04:07 PM)ComradeP Wrote: I just noticed the SS have a late war HA rating in the demo.

There were prototype Panzerfaust 30's used by III Panzer Korp at Kursk in July. I agree that they may not have been common come August 1943 (a month later) but if anyone was going to get them the SS would and at the time of Bogodukhov they were part of III Panzer Korp...

David

Faustpatrone right?
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."