• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Forum Rules involving Clickie posts
08-10-2007, 02:51 PM,
RE: Forum Rules involving Clickie posts
How do I get my name in script on the rep page like RedDevil does? Or is that a "dictator only" thing?

*ducks swat from RD*
08-10-2007, 09:31 PM,
*swats coil on the head with a rolled up newspaper*

It's a MOD group only thing, Big Grin
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
08-11-2007, 02:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2007, 02:32 AM by The Coil.)
So, we're not resetting all the clickies to zero? Is that what I'm hearing? Because it'd be a really good idea.
08-11-2007, 03:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2007, 03:27 AM by RedDevil.)
No, we're not resetting them to zero, This was never really considered or discussed.
We're also waiting on Raz, to see if his script can retrieve the missing ones from the old DB.
ATM, it appears only some were lost from the past weeks, so basically we're all still as we were before, just multiple rep points from the same people don't count now and the numbers are smaller due to this change.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
08-11-2007, 06:11 AM,
Quote:FYI, POS PM'd me that he is gone. I tried to talk him out of it, but no response as of yet. At the end of the day, I think we can all lay this down at POS's doorstep, as I think his interpretation of the clicky system (and his consequent dislike of the red clickie) brought it all to our attention once again, beginning what the historians have dubbed, "The Third Clickie War". The chain of history has now run its course and we find ourselves in the current Letonian "Clicky Revolution", that was unwittingly (in the deepest sense of the word) started by a few cast off threads that intended to resemble some form of light humor, but otherwise caused insurgents to pop forth from the woodwork..
Cheers!
Leto

FYI:

POS has left the WWII Picture Board too.
I'm beginning to wonder where he hasn't "entered and left" yet

Koen
visit WaT HERE!!!
08-11-2007, 06:16 AM,
my prediction is that he will be back
08-11-2007, 06:29 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:No, we're not resetting them to zero, This was never really considered or discussed.

I've been considering and discussing it for some time... :P

RedDevil Wrote:ATM, it appears only some were lost from the past weeks, so basically we're all still as we were before, just multiple rep points from the same people don't count now and the numbers are smaller due to this change.

Actually, that's not quite right (and the reason I think they should be reset). The numbers are smaller only because of the lost points, not because multiple reps don't count (trust me, I've done the math). Don't get me wrong, I really don't care about the lost rep points. What seems unfair is that multiple rep points given before the purge still count multiple times on your rep (for good or for red). For instance, check out Glenn Saunders' rep page - his rep is an astronomical 84, all because Von Schwarze has green clickied him over and over in the past. This give him a huge rep advantage over someone just entering the boards now, who would need 84 different people to green rep him to get to the same rep.

My main point: The new system favors those who have been multiple clickied in the past (including myself, btw...{hirr} Leto just keeps sending apple Mcpies over to the house, I can't stop him), because the new system doesn't allow multiple clickies but still counts old multiple clickies in the rep total. My simple yet elegant solution: reset all the clickies so they all rep points are earned under the current "one to a customer" system.

Just thinking out loud. Feel free to respond with some version of "Shut up, Coil. We've done enough thinking about clickies for the next decade. We've got enough on our hands without worrying about the parity of the clickie system. Plus, if we ever reset them, there would be a {horrible} Outrage from certain Blitz members. Quit your yappin'" (hopefully a more tasteful and polite version). I realize the mods probably have spent more time dealing with clickies than they ever planned to, and you all have much better things to do. I don't really care about clickies that much (lies! all lies!), I just started talking about them as a way to yank POS's chain way back when, and it sort of snowballed from there. Talking about them seems sort of hollow and empty, now that he's gone. Anyway, just thinking...do what you will, your the dictamoderator (sorry, couldn't help myself...*slaps self with rolled up newspaper*)

By the way, I think all you mods do a great job, despite my faux whining about peripheral forum features. But I do wish I could give more than 3 clickies per day, I'm always out by noon. And what's with the snippy "keep the options short and to the point" thing in the poll function. And only 10 smilies per post? And worst of all...only one search every 60 seconds? What, is there a 'search' shortage or something? Do we need to conserve searches? Ration them? It's outrageous, I tells ya...[/quote]
08-11-2007, 06:44 AM,
The Coil Wrote:
RedDevil Wrote:No, we're not resetting them to zero, This was never really considered or discussed.

I've been considering and discussing it for some time... :P

RedDevil Wrote:ATM, it appears only some were lost from the past weeks, so basically we're all still as we were before, just multiple rep points from the same people don't count now and the numbers are smaller due to this change.

Actually, that's not quite right (and the reason I think they should be reset). The numbers are smaller only because of the lost points, not because multiple reps don't count (trust me, I've done the math). Don't get me wrong, I really don't care about the lost rep points. What seems unfair is that multiple rep points given before the purge still count multiple times on your rep (for good or for red). For instance, check out Glenn Saunders' rep page - his rep is an astronomical 84, all because Von Schwarze has green clickied him over and over in the past. This give him a huge rep advantage over someone just entering the boards now, who would need 84 different people to green rep him to get to the same rep.

My main point: The new system favors those who have been multiple clickied in the past (including myself, btw...{hirr} Leto just keeps sending apple Mcpies over to the house, I can't stop him), because the new system doesn't allow multiple clickies but still counts old multiple clickies in the rep total. My simple yet elegant solution: reset all the clickies so they all rep points are earned under the current "one to a customer" system.

Just thinking out loud. Feel free to respond with some version of "Shut up, Coil. We've done enough thinking about clickies for the next decade. We've got enough on our hands without worrying about the parity of the clickie system. Plus, if we ever reset them, there would be a {horrible} Outrage from certain Blitz members. Quit your yappin'" (hopefully a more tasteful and polite version). I realize the mods probably have spent more time dealing with clickies than they ever planned to, and you all have much better things to do. I don't really care about clickies that much (lies! all lies!), I just started talking about them as a way to yank POS's chain way back when, and it sort of snowballed from there. Talking about them seems sort of hollow and empty, now that he's gone. Anyway, just thinking...do what you will, your the dictamoderator (sorry, couldn't help myself...*slaps self with rolled up newspaper*)

By the way, I think all you mods do a great job, despite my faux whining about peripheral forum features. But I do wish I could give more than 3 clickies per day, I'm always out by noon. And what's with the snippy "keep the options short and to the point" thing in the poll function. And only 10 smilies per post? And worst of all...only one search every 60 seconds? What, is there a 'search' shortage or something? Do we need to conserve searches? Ration them? It's outrageous, I tells ya...
[/quote]

So it's true that you can only give one clickie to one person for the rest of forever? Once you've used that clickie, much like a single shot pirate pistol, you can never give that person another?

IF that is true, then... wait a sec... what's that rumbling sound??? Oh yes, quite: it's the END OF THE BLOODY WORLD.

Leto
08-11-2007, 06:51 AM,
It's true,Pete.The new version of the forum uses a per-user rating system rather than a per-post one.You can edit the reputation you've given to a certain user,you can even delete it-if i'm not mistaken-but you can't give him more than one 'clickie' :)
Send this user an email
08-11-2007, 06:59 AM,
raz_atoth Wrote:It's true,Pete.The new version of the forum uses a per-user rating system rather than a per-post one.You can edit the reputation you've given to a certain user,you can even delete it-if i'm not mistaken-but you can't give him more than one 'clickie' :)

Well, I guess all I need to know is which of you wants to pull the trigger. I'm too much of a coward, but, I simply do not have the will to live any longer.

Dark days lie ahead. The end of the world is nigh.

Leto