• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The differance between CMx1 and "CM"x2.
08-05-2007, 01:56 PM,
RE: The differance between CMx1 and "CM"x2.
One quick point.

I hestitated to do this since it is not my style, but SF speaks for itself and should be renamed:

Combat Mission: Shockingly unFinished
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2007, 04:23 PM,
Incidentally this Shock Force controversy reminds me of an exact same thing that happened some years ago when everybody was looking forward to a PC game called 'Squad Leader', and we all assumed it'd be a fantastic computerised version of the great Squad Leader boardgame series, but sadly it was a crock and sank without trace in 5 minutes flat.
One reviewer hit the nail on the head when he said - "What a tragic waste of a good name"..
Let's hope BF patch SF over the next few months to get it into shape to stop it sinking..
08-05-2007, 04:43 PM,
Reading the Battle front forums as I do for a good laugh!! There are too many on there that are well up the backsides of Battlefornt.

Or Do they take it in turns?:cool:

Any one with a good point that dares to blacken the name of BattleFront are totaly shoot down in flames on their forums,I think they should rename their forums " we take it up the a*** forums" lol
08-05-2007, 07:38 PM,
Bidermann (FGM) Wrote:Any one with a good point that dares to blacken the name of BattleFront are totaly shoot down in flames on their forums

Thats the way it has always been mate.
08-05-2007, 07:41 PM,
What gets me is that they react so badly to criticism with even the designers getting involved in flame wars towards their own customers.

Even when it is obvious that this game has flaws they do not admit it, hold their hands up and say 'yes their is poor points in this game but we will (as in the past) release patches that will make it more playable.'

Instead they come out with some bullsh*t about us having to unlearn combat mission before playing ummmmm combat mission.

I wouldnt feel so miffed if the name had been simply Shock Force but to market it under the good name of CM then release a complete turkey galls me.

I paid the money for a half finished game and now just hope that it can be patched up enough to make it playable.
08-05-2007, 08:59 PM,
von Nev Wrote:Hey RedDevil, You are the first I have heard that got a refund. Did you get a refund from BFC or a retail store where you bought it? Steve from BFC said the sales are rolling in better than when CMBO was launched. I am thinking they are going to be in real trouble if they have to start refunding people.

I got my refund directly from Battlefront

First, I need you to fully uninstall and unlicense the game from your computer. Once that is done, please reply back to this email and I will verify that the code is indeed unlicensed, and will issue the refund and cancel your order. Currently I show that the license is still in use and we will not issue a refund while it is.

There is a 4 dollar bank fee to reverse the charge, which will be deducted from the total refund.

Please uninstall and unlicense, send me that code and I will get this matter completed for you.

Matt

I guess I was lucky or it was because I raised a stinker on their forums about how crappy it was every time I posted there,[/i] they wanted to get rid of me. LOL
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
08-06-2007, 05:34 AM,
Many forums – business, hobby, political - see the “You’re a shill!” accusation. Usually it’s just not true, IMO. There’s just not enough time in the day, or motivation, for it. And if everyone accused of taking money to influence public opinion on the web were really on the payroll it’d be big news. A new career path!

Reading the BF forum however makes me think that the shill network is a reality there. The rah-rah posts are just that absurd, ignoring huge, undeniable, issues and touting minutiae.
08-06-2007, 06:11 AM,
RE: ��The differance between CMx1 and "CM"x2.
PoorOldSpike Wrote:
Fullhouse Wrote:you will find that this game is a clunky mess and you will be frustrated in your attempts to carry out your tactical plans.

Yes that uncertainty is a refreshing change and is actually part of the appeal for me.. :)
I mean, in old CM everything can be plotted with neat surgical precision, but in SF it can't, which adds to the challenge.
I kinda like ordering units in SF to "go here, go there, kill, don't kill", and hope they'll perform reasonably well within that framework of orders, so in that respect it's far more realistic than old CM..

This from a lad who won't play 'Regular' or worse tanks in CM because they don't do precisely what he says.
08-06-2007, 07:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2007, 07:11 AM by McIvan.)
That was basically because of the "tank cowardice" issue which led tanks to back away, especially Russian ones, from opponents they could have defeated.

In CMSF, on the other hand, nearly everything stands and dies in place, whether it be Strykers with a .50 cal against a T72, or conscript Syrian militia against overwhelming firepower.

(In actual fact, I suspect some units are routing, but we don't notice - because a poster on the BF forums realised that the game handles routing by simply having the soldiers disappear. I guess it woud be hard for the code to handle individual routed soldiers fleeing all over the battlefield, so it just adjudges that they are gone for the rest of the battle and disappears em)

So, emmm, anyway, Spike will be happy as larry because his boys don't run.
08-06-2007, 08:27 AM,
All part of that abstracted asymmetrical warfare model of the future..
what you don't see, you're to imagine it in your head and keep accepting that you need to unlearn CM to play CM-SF, in order to enjoy it.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard