• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION
02-12-2008, 01:38 PM,
RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION
Sing me up:smoke:

cheers
dogface65
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
- General George Patton Jr.

Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2008, 02:21 AM,
COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - Elltee's American spearhead seizes church..

1 - And his Sher 76mm hurts a counterattacking panzer..
2 - But the panzer survives and fires back..
3 - And the Sherman falls..
[Image: EllteeT.gif]
02-13-2008, 06:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2008, 06:53 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (woods sector) - Owl's German infantry take village..

When contact was unaccountably lost with my troops deep in the woods, a photo-recon aircraft was hastily despatched to overfly the area, and it brought back this disturbing image - British casualties lying in the street..
[Image: OwlU.gif]

[Image: Blcamera.gif]
02-13-2008, 07:01 AM,
Yep, i dropped some Fallschirmjaeger in the area and they had even time for a brew before your units came parading down the street!
02-13-2008, 02:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2008, 03:19 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
[Image: Spy.png]

TOP SECRET ENDGAME PROCEDURE

Exact scores will be kept secret til the end of the competition, so don't tell a soul, don't even report it on the ladder til then in case somebody peeks..:)

That way, the competition will be kept fresher throughout its whole duration because nobody will know how anybody else is doing!

It also introduces a touch of 'fog of war' realism, as real-life commanders only know how their own particular battles are going without knowing the big picture.

However, as results come in, I WILL post a screenshot of the final front lines and simply say "Charlie beat POS', but will blank out the score readout panel.

And of course i'll go on posting Combat Footage screenshots throughout the competition so people will at least be able to glean some intelligence on the overall situation..:)

[Image: ger-map.jpg]
02-13-2008, 11:35 PM,
This is simply too good to miss, sign me up please cheers
I'll take the Bavarians.
02-14-2008, 04:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2008, 09:50 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - Wombat's Wespe kills Sherman..

The Wespe was shelling the city centre so I sent 2 x Sherms to chastise it, the Wespe and a Sherm both fired at the same time and knocked each other out (insets).
Their shells must have crossed in mid-air..
[Image: WomQ-2.gif]
02-14-2008, 05:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2008, 05:48 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - Jobu's Americans 'zook a Hetzer..

They let fly (dotted line) despite me placing a conscript LMG in the woods to protect the Hetzer, but he never fired a single burst, (huh there's conscripts for you, that's him cowering at the foot of that tree..)
[Image: JobV.gif]
02-14-2008, 06:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-15-2008, 09:34 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - Marshall666's German whooshy things go on killing spree..

I lost two Shermans a couple of turns ago to whooshies (fausts and/or schrecks) so I reversed this one to open the range but it does no good and he goes up the spout too..
[Image: MarL.gif]

Two earlier victims of fausts/schrecks (including my pride and joy, a Firefly, blub....).
I pushed them too far forward and they ran into a horde of German infantry..
[Image: MarT.gif]
02-14-2008, 08:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-15-2008, 01:18 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RESULT JUST IN - DasTiger beat POS

Final front lines..
[Image: DT-endB.png]

There was fierce fighting for the city centre..
[Image: DTendA.gif]

And the mixed sector was the scene of this ferocious tank battle, 4x Hetzers v 3x Shers (inc Firefly), after which DasTigers Hetzer near the church was the last tank standing..
[Image: DTendmix.gif]