• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

101paratrooper has been banned
08-09-2006, 06:53 AM,
RE: 101paratrooper has been banned
After playing CS for years, I have come to realise that there will always be a proportion of cheaters. Just ignore it and move on, its the only way to be. The CM community has very few numbnuts from my experiences - so one bad egg stands out....

by the way, all you loosers who keep going down in flames to me - its just my L88T SKiLZZ

:)

Grum
08-09-2006, 07:26 AM,
RE:��101paratrooper has been banned
RedDevil (FGM) Wrote:I want to bring to the attention of those that are posting games, I notice that some are deleting their reports and reposting them.
It appears that they weren't happy with posting their Operations as only completing 1 battle in the OP and have went back and reposted as completing all of the battles in the OP.

In case that was directed at me - it was not as it appeared - we really did play 4 battles of the op - I just hadn't reported an op in a while and forgot to check the "number of battles actually played" box. If I had wanted to cheat I would have had that in mind and done it right the first time, reporting the full five battles instead of four.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
08-09-2006, 07:38 AM,
wow....however im so bad at this game system it seems that I would still lose even IF I cheated..lol I fail to understand what some gain from cheating in any game. I play spades online, and at times I get burnt by cheaters, but I play fair, and im 300 games over .500 and all have ben won playing fairly, and that to me is a good feeling.

I may have a.100 rating here on the blitz, but its not the win but the fact that Im in a historical situtuation that I could never be in that is my level of enjoyment. We all like to win sometimes, but how good can it feel if you know you didnt win it on the up and up?

We are a society of instant gratification..It would now seem that extends even to the relm of wargaming, and as someone who has been playing wargames since 1968, that is a sad thought to have!
08-09-2006, 07:47 AM,
No Kelvan, you didn't report your game 2 days ago then delete it and repost it today.
I don't consider it cheating, but I do feel it's unethical for others to overindulge or become greedy at someone's expense even if it's someone who was caught doing neferious acts.

I myself had a large OP with 101, but we never got past the setup, does that qualify for posting a total win of 6 battles? I didn't think it qualified as even posting 1 battle.
08-09-2006, 08:03 AM,
Hey Guys,

Let's get on with the game and not keep rehashing this. Can a decision be made about past battles, I don't care if they are removed or reversed. I just want to get on with the positive side of this club.

Cheers

[RT] Pioneer
08-09-2006, 08:08 AM,
By the way, seeing as everyone is reading this thread if I owe you a turn please bleep me as I have got a bit overrun with work after my break. Re the byte battles I have nothing today from either of my esteemed oppos.

Grum
08-09-2006, 11:23 AM,
RE:��101paratrooper has been banned
[RT Wrote:Pioneer]
Hey Guys,

Let's get on with the game and not keep rehashing this. Can a decision be made about past battles, I don't care if they are removed or reversed. I just want to get on with the positive side of this club.

Cheers

[RT] Pioneer

Well said Peter.Time to let this die and go kick ass.

Can i say that on here?
08-09-2006, 06:32 PM,
I have been thinking about my games with para and I reckon he altered the GLOBAL MORAL some how. My troops would pinn / break etc really easily while his troops would take some battering. I use reverse slope defense alot and in one night time battle all my green / conscript troops routed at the sound of his tank engines no fire at all was directed at them until until they ran and broke cover. He also once used a bailed tank crew to charge my AT gun and KO it.

It would be a very subtle effect as well overall allowing him to cheat for some time undetected.

In light of all the above I am now quiet pleased with my draw that I posted against him it happened to be one of my most challenging enjoyable battles at the blitz club to date.
08-10-2006, 12:24 AM,
I have a QB game going on with him on CMAK about halfway through. This was the first one, and up to this point, nothing indicated he had been cheating. We were in a balanced situation and I had some surprises up the sleeve for the second half which from the position of his units makes me think he didn't see them coming.
However, after a conversation we had one day over MSN, I had clearly stated first I would not report this game as he made a mix of nations (US infantry with british Fireflies and Wasps) without asking me before and second that this would be our last game, due to the conversation we had, not my type of opponent...
I guess this game will never be reported anyway, as I don't see how I could reasonably claim a victory without any proof of cheating in this particular game.

PS : for my opponents am still on holiday and confirm will be back to playing on the 15th of August.
In Martin Baker we trust.
08-10-2006, 02:47 AM,
Loic, you're not reporting the game because of cheating in it, you're allowed to report it due to abandonment by your OPP.