Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2009, 03:19 PM,
RE: Russians ONLY "Little Saturn" No Germas Pls
cool ....
05-27-2009, 01:21 AM,
Hello, I'm back.

Willows reinforcement selects are fine. With the weather and all I don't think air was a good option this round and mortars and arty are always useful.

Massing towards the central objective is fine too but as we run up against German outpost line I will probably want reinforcements to move out to cover the flanks, especially that big motorway in the north, lest we find a kampfgruppe in our rear.
05-27-2009, 02:53 AM,
Welcome back herroberst. Hope you had a nice long weekend. Good point re the flanks. I hope our reinforcement choices and points are a little more substantial the next round to facilitate that plan...
05-27-2009, 04:53 AM,
Well its a bit hard to appreciate the scale of the battlefield given the google earth overview but I think there is plenty of maneuver room. I'm not that worried yet. By massing against Tatsinskya we should overwhelm it without too much trouble. Thank you for helping out with the graphics, I appreciate that - with work and then 40 odd games to do turns on every night I don't have a lot of time but I am going to play far less games in future.
05-27-2009, 03:46 PM,
Yikes! That's a lot of CM! I'm happy to help out. Looking forward to first contact. I hope its not against any 88s right at the start though:eek1:
05-29-2009, 05:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2009, 05:43 AM by Ratzki.)
The first 2 battles will be under way shortly. I have one map drawn up with the 2nd on the way. Below is the area the battle will take place in. This is the area of your Southern Task Force. While moving towards the large town, your forces notice German troops to your left(south) flank. It looks to be mostly infantry, but limited visibility make the information gathering very difficult and unreliable.
[Image: Update23-1.png]
Conditions are:
Mid-Day
Extremely cold
Snowing
Strong wind
Light snow on the ground

The 4x 81mm Mortars need to be assigned to a Group, North, Centre, or South. I also need to know what will happen in the battle. Right now you have only one prong of the three prongs in Group South that has to engage. So that means:
1x T-34 Platoon
1x Rifle Platoon
The rest of Group South can continue towards the town or engage along with the above force. Up to you. You have lost one T-34 to mechanical/weather conditions during the move. It has been left behind, it was part of the right flank of this force.
05-29-2009, 06:25 AM,
Assign mortars to Center. Did we get FO's? If so one to Right Flank, and one to Left Flank.

I will command Center Task Force.

Willow, Combat Wombat, which of you want to command Right Flank Task Force? If no timely answer then Combat Wombat to Right Flank Task Force, and, of course, Willow to South Flank Task Force

South Task Force Orders: Engage and destroy enemy with your entire Task Force, clear that crossroads in order to use those two roads into town, then resume the advance along the southern edge of the town. Remain cognizant of previous standing orders. Recon with infantry and bring up the tanks to take out enemy strongholds, use mortars and crew-served against any guns, if surprised take out those guns with area fire close to them - you know that drill I'm sure. Try to preserve armor to engage his infantry and don't get within 30m of his infantry.

Willow, Combat Wombat, any questions? If not, execute.
05-29-2009, 06:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2009, 06:40 AM by Ratzki.)
Map for the Southern Battle. And no, no FO's have shown up yet, will either be last daylight turn or at night and ready for the next day.
[Image: Update23bmap.png]
05-29-2009, 06:53 AM,
Looks like a great plan herroberst. I've had fun with the MS Paint and Google maps, so Combat wombat, you can have first blood with the Southern force if you like. Let us know. Herroberst, are the 2 uncommitted columns to swing in support of this engagement, or carry on towards town?

P.S. I may be gone until later this evening