• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

[ARCHIVED: East Front: Forgotten Battles 1.3 - DOWNLOADS REMOVED]
03-18-2013, 12:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-10-2013, 06:23 AM by Crossroads.)
East Front: Forgotten Battles EF2 Add-On (LWM 1.3) << DOWNLOAD HERE >>
Here's the ** Crusaders at Hango scenario again, this time with a bit more variety to it:

The Germans now have a fixed Hospital at city of Hango, two Battalion Aid Stations near their front lines, a Medical Platoon to provide some mobile support, and ambulances.

Finns, on the another hand, are on a move: they've got a Field Hospital by the main road, a Battalion Aid Station by the smaller road, and a Medical Squad within each of the three columns.

---

Now available in Blitz Scenario Database
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2013, 11:06 PM,
RE: East Front: Forgotten Battles EF2 Add-On << DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION INFO >>
Added Mike's Bulgaria Terrain hex, partisan bitmap mod together with the Demise of Detachment Pelister as a new Sub Mod:

Warhorse's Bulgaria Add-On.

Look for the opening post, edited to include the download link.

Enjoy!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-06-2013, 07:05 AM,
RE: East Front: Forgotten Battles EF2 Add-On << DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION INFO >>
I tentatively tried packaging XMGO's excellent work on EF graphics as a JSGME enabled mod. If he approves I will add the WF and RS variants too. I need his help to understand all the details though. There's a LOT of stuff there! I am mighty impressed of the effort he's put in.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-23-2013, 12:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2013, 12:21 AM by Crossroads.)
EF: Forgotten Battles v1.35 - Final Release

It is done. What is available as the current download is the cleaned up version of the Mod. I do not expect to see any major upgrades anymore.

I put some effort to the final packaging in an attempt of making the whole mod as transparent as possible. Idea being, once you've downloaded and installed it, you can forget about it.

Version 1.35 includes the following changes:
- Standard EF User Interface with a minor tweak to include the mod name in the main menu screen (see the opening post).
- A revised Axis and Allied Finland OOB, with generic TO&E based formations now available from Division down.
- Some new units, such as the Hotchiss 25mm ATG, and upgunned Finnish and German StuG IIIs.
- EF:FB scenarios no longer included in the download, as they keep coming, and the mod download was always missing the latest battles. Better to download them separately to avoid confusion. Index of existing scenarios available here: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=64184

I am sure there might be some little tweaks and fixes coming, I will provide them as a separate little patchfile, if and when needed.

Please disable the old EF:FB version one more time if you have it, download this latest one, and enjoy!

Salute
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-26-2013, 06:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-26-2013, 06:44 PM by Crossroads.)
26 June 2013.

Uh oh. Allied Finland platoon file was a bit out of sync with ATR platoon having a narrow period of availability. This only affects the OOB Editor, no scenario used that particular ATR platoon.

Fixed here: please download and replace the earlier platoon12.oob and platoon12.obx files. Included are the respective Company.oob files as well.

The EF:FB 1.35 download archive is updated to include this, so as of now those downloading this for first time will not need to do anything.

Attached Files
.zip   EFFB135_patch1.zip (Size: 19.88 KB / Downloads: 15)
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-29-2013, 12:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013, 05:49 AM by Crossroads.)
Continuing with my endless tinkering of the OOB files. Previously I added more informative equipment names for the Artillery batteries, battalions and regiments.

I mean, there is a difference if you have 76 K 02, a 76 mm from 1902, or 76 K 36, a modern 76mm from 1936? Just one example.

Now, I covered the Anti-tank companies as well. Again, you do want to know if your 37mm is made by Bofors or Rheinmetall? Helmet Wink

Or if your 75mm is a PstK/40 (PaK/40) or the modernized French 98/38 75mm. Now, that does make a difference doesn't it.

I ironed out again a couple of minor hiccups, so if you're planning to work with Finnish OOBs, then patch up, otherwise this has no effect whatsoever on scenarios to be played.

Attached Files
.zip   EFFB135_patch2.zip (Size: 43.65 KB / Downloads: 10)
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-29-2013, 05:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013, 05:49 AM by Crossroads.)
Double post.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
07-30-2013, 11:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2013, 12:52 AM by Crossroads.)
Version 1.36 is out now

Hooray8

Changes include:

- JTCS Unit Viewer works now. Make sure you have the latest one installed.
- Fixed a number of 2D and NATO symbol errors left from previous versions
- 1941 update for Finland:
-- New units available, including: BA-6 and BA-20 armored cars, BT-7s, 76mm Infantry guns.
-- Historical 1st Jaeger Bde OOB as in summer 1941 available now
-- Generic Regt and Div TO&Es tweaked for further details
- Photos I've added got the Sepia look as the stock unit pictures do.
- All previous patches included.

Again, this is an independent download. Disable the previous version on your system, download this one fron link available in Post #1, then enable.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-19-2013, 02:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-19-2013, 02:16 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: East Front: Forgotten Battles < DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION INFO >
Patch time!

I've done some additional testing, and have found out that - unfortunately - the EF:FB package still had some missing files. Some of them have been missing all along, as those units have not been in use.

For an example: British and French naval guns had a unit bitmap file that did not correspond to the respective country code of the country. Then, I had no idea I should bring in these bitmaps as well, and missed on them altogether. Additionally, the Allied Finland BA-20 armored car missed a unit bitmap, it is included here as well.

These are severe errors, as the battle will crash if it does not find a proper bitmap. I am quite confident I've identified the guilty potties, and they should now be included in this patch.

Additionally, John Given has identified at least one 2d icon issue of an ATG unit having a regular artillery 2d icon. I have taken a note for that, but as I am still testing the scenarios with new units of the v1.36 fame (early war 1941 units), I will wait a bit before I will bother Jason with a new encryption request, as fixing these errors require having a change made to respective platoon files.

Meanwhile, I hope you continue to have fun with the mod! With the existing scenarios out there, there should be no issues. This patch is a precaution for possible future glitches being allowed withing the lacking files of the mod.

Download the patch here: LINK

Install the patch as follows:

1. Disable EF:FB with JSGME

2. Drop the contents of this patch archive (zip) into C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller's Campaign Series\MODS\EF - East Front Forgotten Battles v. 1.36\East Front

3. Enable EF:FB with JSGME

Have fun! Salute
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-15-2013, 07:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-15-2013, 07:20 AM by Rabscallion.)
RE: East Front: Forgotten Battles < DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION INFO >
Sorry to be a pain. Does anyone have an idea why I cant see the MOd even though it says it's activated

Rob

CANCEL: I think I see the problem

Cheers

Rob