Aachen 44-45
Alasce-Lorraine 44
N.Italy 44-45
Balkans 41
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2009, 01:20 AM,
RE: Place your ideas for a new Modern Campaign/Panzer Campaign Here
My ideas for PzC:

The Siegfried line ´44 ( Aachen, Huertgen ect.)
Operation Weseruebung ´40 - Invasion of Norway
Operation Marita ´41 - Balkans Campaign (Yugoslavia and Greece)
07-22-2009, 02:41 AM,
I think that Tunez43 has many options because is an West title (well, south west but you dont find Vodka oasis hehehe) and is the close for the "Africa trilogy".

Berlin 45 is a great idea for a title but is complicated made the oob.

For modern Vietnam72-75 is an interesting title but some with Russia and China sounds great (the Bear and the Dragon hehehe) another option is the Iran-Irak war but i see modern campaigns goint to the south (greeks and turks vs rumanian, bulgarian etc etc with other powers).

But we only can speculate :whis:
07-22-2009, 02:44 AM,
Walter Model Wrote:Operation Marita ´41 - Balkans Campaign (Yugoslavia and Greece)

One of the rare wargames that has covered Operation Marita and the Balkans campaign is Conquest of the Aegean (COTA), featuring the excellent engine developed by Panther Games - on a sidenote, i should say that this engine is in my opinion one of the best engines out there to simulate operational-level warfare and control and command aspects. Every wargamer should try it.

I'm not too sure how a Balkan campaign would do with the PzC engine. The problem is that the ground in the Balkans is quite restricted. You have almost no choice but to keep to the roads. It can be quite frustrating to not being able to use your mobility as the Germans. As the Allies though, it can be fun blasting away these Wehrmacht units predictably coming down in these defiles and dirt trails...
07-22-2009, 03:59 AM,
How about Luzon '45
07-22-2009, 10:42 AM,
PzC - definitely Burma 44.

MC - Indochina ... pick a year ... 47-54, 65-75.
07-22-2009, 11:17 AM,
Well, i dont say Pacific titles or titles out of the Panzertime, if we can go out of the panzer limit are many interesting things like "Poland 1920", "Spanish civil war 36" (battle of Teruel is a very interesting battle), "Winter war 39" (plus continuation war scens) and of course Pacific battles but Pacific titles needs a new engine or at least some changes in rules adapting then to the title (Guadalcanal, Burma, China and of course What if like San Francisco41 or Tokio45)... and the forgotten war, the 1st of the 2 Great wars, of course not the trench war but battles like Meggido (with all the campaigns in the middle east) or german las attent to win the war or the east front with Austria... not all in the life are panzers, panzers and more panzers :scare:
07-22-2009, 03:51 PM,
I'd like to see battles from the First and Second Chechen War, in particular the battles around Grozny.
07-22-2009, 06:16 PM,
From Easter Offensive the battles in Vietnam were more or less convencional so it would be a nice play:)
07-22-2009, 06:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-22-2009, 06:24 PM by P.Ako.)
Xaver Wrote:Well, i dont say Pacific titles or titles out of the Panzertime, if we can go out of the panzer limit are many interesting things like "Poland 1920", "Spanish civil war 36" (battle of Teruel is a very interesting battle), "Winter war 39" (plus continuation war scens) and of course Pacific battles but Pacific titles needs a new engine or at least some changes in rules adapting then to the title (Guadalcanal, Burma, China and of course What if like San Francisco41 or Tokio45)... and the forgotten war, the 1st of the 2 Great wars, of course not the trench war but battles like Meggido (with all the campaigns in the middle east) or german las attent to win the war or the east front with Austria... not all in the life are panzers, panzers and more panzers :scare:

Then why not create a new saga called "pacific campaigns"? It would like PzC or MC but in the Pacific!
Or... "WWI campaigns" for example...

Bacillus98 Wrote:I'd like to see battles from the First and Second Chechen War, in particular the battles around Grozny.

I don't know much about this... but wouldn't it be better represented by the squad battles saga?

Spooky Wrote:From Easter Offensive the battles in Vietnam were more or less convencional so it would be a nice playSmile

Yes but i think that the map would be.. boring because you would have to send your tanks across the jungle, which is almost impossible.

EDIT: Nobody wants to see what would happen with Austria and northern Italy in the 1985 timeline??? :conf::conf: