• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

No turn limit
09-09-2008, 02:45 PM,
RE: No turn limit
You could simply use the edit scenario function to make the scenario last 100000 turns. That is not forever, but would sure seem like it.

umbro
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2008, 10:32 PM,
RE: No turn limit
Fierce Wrote:This just might be the booze talking, but has anyone discussed the idea of having a scenario without a turn/time limit? Perhaps with campaigns? I often wondered how it would affect my tactics knowing that I wouldn't have to hurry. Some scenarios have exit objectives and I sure would like to have time to exit with most of my forces intacked.

Fierce

I recently completed a 21 turn Rising Sun scenario - Pozorrubio as the Allied player.

It "seemed" like "forever" - elite Japanese reinforcements nearly every turn and the enemy had 21 air missions! Eek

But... I did manage to pull out a "minor Allied victory" against my PBeM opponent. :smoke:

I believe that scenarios do need to have turn limits. In my experience, the majority of matches are decided with 50% - 75% of the turns completed. I think scenarios that fall within a 15 - 18 turn number strike a good balance between allowing players to conduct several attacks and counter attacks while not stretching out the conflict into a longer game.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply