• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Is there less of a player pool now?
08-08-2008, 02:06 PM,
RE: Is there less of a player pool now?
Come to think of it you guys are right. At the same time I upgraded my computer I changed my provider from Knology to Comcast.

It must be a Comcast issue for me. Thanks, I'll look into that.
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2008, 03:23 PM,
Incidentally if a file arrives embedded in the mail as hundreds of lines of code, you can still play it by highlighting the lot and saving it as a txt. file to your pbem folder and then play it in the usual way, the procedure only takes a few mouse clicks.
But zips are slightly faster of course, so tell your oppo to zip 'em from now on if you need to..:)
08-08-2008, 06:01 PM,
Gott'a say I have got 21 games on the go, but that dosen't always say what is going on, if we all play amongst each other you only need a small group and that gives a force story.

how ever I think we mustn't frighten new players by giving them the feeling that they have not got much of a chance by playing more expierence players, some of these new players are good and so the field should be open for any one to take them on, I know when I started I just took any one on who wanted a game, best way to learn that's my opinion, lets get away from this tread carefully with new guys and every body take on players when they want, get away from this stigma.

cheers Ted

Winston Churchill said...... War is mainly a catalogue of blunders
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
08-08-2008, 06:49 PM,
Making Vista Work for CM
By Jobu88

1. Disable all User Control features
2. Disable 50% of Security Control features
3. Enjoy
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
08-09-2008, 01:14 AM,
Jobu88 Wrote:Making Vista Work for CM
By Jobu88

1. Disable all User Control features
2. Disable 50% of Security Control features
3. Enjoy

More details please for computer noobs like me!:rolleyes:
08-09-2008, 06:51 AM,
Der Kuenstler Wrote:I remember three or four years ago it was really easy to get about 30 games going - now I'm playing less than 10 - I'm not seeking games now - just finishing what I've started - but am wondering if we've passed the "heyday" of being able to get large numbers of games quickly. Looking at the posts for games I would think it would be quite difficult to get more than a handful now.

Thirty games?! Man how do you do it? I have a hard time keeping five to six strait.:conf:
08-09-2008, 08:19 AM,
Oh that's easy:

"PBEM Helper"

http://www.nic.fi/~fuerte/pbem.htm
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
08-09-2008, 05:46 PM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Incidentally if a file arrives embedded in the mail as hundreds of lines of code, you can still play it by highlighting the lot and saving it as a txt. file to your pbem folder and then play it in the usual way, the procedure only takes a few mouse clicks.
But zips are slightly faster of course, so tell your oppo to zip 'em from now on if you need to..:)

Thanks for that POS...I went through a stage of that, should it happen again that will be a solution

Ted
08-09-2008, 06:46 PM,
Bootie Wrote:Nah IMO its just the time of year... I could still easily get 20+ games going even now if I wanted to.

Think you right about time of year, I have plenty going but returns coming in very slow.....Holidays and decorating, endless jobs the casualty of the summer time.

Ted
08-10-2008, 01:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2008, 01:18 AM by 107thCav.)
You can use a hex editor on your Combat Mission Executables and change the file extension that CM puts on the file.
I have done this for All three versions and it works like a charm.
The game does not care what the file extension is when opening your turns for play.
See the instructions attached, feel free to email me if you try it and have any questions.

-Note: You can also simply do this manually by renaming the turn - remove the .txt , replace with something else. I choose the hex edit so I would not have to do this with every turn.

In Das Tiger's case it is most likely your opponents Mail provider that is causing the embedded text.

Attached Files
.doc   CM Hex EDIT.doc (Size: 190.5 KB / Downloads: 2)