• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Is there less of a player pool now?
08-08-2008, 08:59 AM,
Is there less of a player pool now?
I remember three or four years ago it was really easy to get about 30 games going - now I'm playing less than 10 - I'm not seeking games now - just finishing what I've started - but am wondering if we've passed the "heyday" of being able to get large numbers of games quickly. Looking at the posts for games I would think it would be quite difficult to get more than a handful now.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2008, 09:07 AM,
RE: Is there less of a player pool now?
I only keep about 4-6 games going. Plus it's summer, (northern hemisphere) a lot of people on vacation etc.
Send this user an email
08-08-2008, 09:30 AM,
You must also take into account when players upgrade to Vista and then try to install AK and BB. I suspect many will give up with the hassle of getting Vista to accept the games and move onto something else. :(
08-08-2008, 09:44 AM,
Nah IMO its just the time of year... I could still easily get 20+ games going even now if I wanted to.
08-08-2008, 10:43 AM,
I agree with Bootie. Infact recently I wanted to increase the number of games I had going and had no problem doing it.
Lord Bane
08-08-2008, 10:45 AM,
I have 12 going & had no trouble getting a couple more recently.

Vista was a mild headache when it came to CM. I'm a troglodyte when it comes to computers & i figured out how to make it work in a few days, so I don't think Vista will keep that many players away.

Probably just summer vacation time.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
08-08-2008, 10:52 AM,
Hey Jobu88,

You should write a how-to guide for making CM work with Vista. :)

Jim
08-08-2008, 11:38 AM,
Speaking of Vista.... Can anyone advise me how to play turns without having to have them zipped? When I get a file unzipped I get thousands of lines of code that are completely unmanagable. If I get the file zipped I'm OK. I remember when I had XP I didn't have this problem.

Any ideas?

I should have bought a Mac.....
08-08-2008, 12:15 PM,
DasTiger Wrote:Speaking of Vista.... Can anyone advise me how to play turns without having to have them zipped? When I get a file unzipped I get thousands of lines of code that are completely unmanagable. If I get the file zipped I'm OK. I remember when I had XP I didn't have this problem.

Any ideas?

That's not a Vista problem. I have XP and that's the way all unzipped files come to me. As a part of the email in an unending stream of code........

Good Hunting.

MR
08-08-2008, 12:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-08-2008, 12:28 PM by Mike Abberton.)
Mad Russian Wrote:
DasTiger Wrote:Speaking of Vista.... Can anyone advise me how to play turns without having to have them zipped? When I get a file unzipped I get thousands of lines of code that are completely unmanagable. If I get the file zipped I'm OK. I remember when I had XP I didn't have this problem.

Any ideas?

That's not a Vista problem. I have XP and that's the way all unzipped files come to me. As a part of the email in an unending stream of code........

Good Hunting.

MR

I think that is more a problem with your ISP or your e-mail service. I know AOL does not handle text file attachments well.

Mike