• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: What Assault Rules do you want.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The old 1.02 version
10.98%
9 10.98%
The new 1.03 version
30.49%
25 30.49%
An option to use either
21.95%
18 21.95%
A comprimise between the two
34.15%
28 34.15%
Something completely different.
2.44%
2 2.44%
Total 82 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Assault Rule opinion poll
07-21-2008, 12:46 PM,
RE: Assault Rule opinion poll
...this is drivvle...

I'm not a member of Matrix or the Betas either. The new assault rules do seem to have a positive effect on "infantry" fighting. By the by...most of the fighting done in WWII, at least, was by infantry...most lunk heads did not have the priviledge of hot rodding around with big guns or having heaters in the winter time. The overwhelming amount of them hoofed it. The game should most favorably recreate that, even at the cost of some armor abilities (however, as in an earlier post...that must mean this expansive simulations is crap, if that cannot be done). The naval stuff (for you KKR) is crap...however I have found a limited use for it in Ambon though.

I also am one who has not posted in the last 6 mos. What does that impy...a personal thing?...a grouping together of goats?

c'mon...let's keep this civil... Like I said, this is drivvle (if that is not too kind of a word).

Cheers
Mr. Guberman
Town Drunk
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2008, 05:36 PM,
Silkster53 Wrote:Yes, Beta testers and Matrix game developers who have not recorded any ladder results in the past six months to a year, and/or who are not active members of the CS ladder but are registered to the CS forum.
They have a vested interest in padding the polling but not in the ladder or reported games? Eek

Now sorry but this is not a very nice thing to say.
07-21-2008, 07:17 PM,
Guys, that is why I like opinions and "all" comments.

With all my early bitterness over the change that spewed out onto the forums earlier, I can understand what you are saying. My comments were directed at a poll that can be squewed by those registered to the forum but not players of the game. And, by those who rarely play but have a vested interest in seeing the new assault rules stay in place.

That was all I meant. If you see bitterness there I cannot help you. Your opinions are appreciated and always welcome.
If you can share yours and I mine that too is fine?

If anyone sees incivility or "drivvle" then sobeit. It can be seen from both sides of this coin, eh?
07-21-2008, 09:55 PM,
I find it disappointing that a Blitz Ladder Commander could cast aspersions like this. It's not necessary at all. I used to enjoy my PBEM games here.
07-21-2008, 11:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-22-2008, 01:03 AM by Steel God.)
If you wish to know who has voted for what option, all you need to do is edit the post to change from a private to a public poll.

The reporting of games on a ladder is but one of several ways that members can contribute to a community and be considered active, per the Club Rules, RoE #6:

We keep track of two types of member accounts on the Blitz Ladder System.

* Active is defined as completing games, designing scenarios, recieving bonus points, and contributing to the club.

* Inactive is defined as not completing any games or recieving bonus points within the past year.

https://www.theblitz.club/rules_of_engag...x.php?id=6
07-22-2008, 01:05 AM,
Raus Wrote:I refuse to believe that the people who are voting to keep the V103 assault rules are even remotely informed or aware of how it affects the game,plz if you dont know what this is about dont vote.and yes im entitled to my opinion on this.RAUSFiery
I've played several games with 1.03 (against the AI) including "into the City" featuring several bunkers and industrial terrain. I got a major victory in that one.

I've been playing CS for 10 years and personally I am tired of the easy kill with assaults on disrupted enemy positions and welcome the new challange, although in it's present form there are problems with leaders and morale factoring etc.

I have contributed my personal time to some aspects of 1.03 but I have otherwise no influence over Matrix or the developer's and programmer's on Mr. Petho's team. In fact I have voiced complaints directly (direct via email) over other 1.03 issues to the development team and have nothing to gain by grandstanding the new assault rules.
07-22-2008, 03:14 AM,
I voted for v1.03, and I am just a gamer.
07-22-2008, 04:39 AM,
Chris Merchant Wrote:I find it disappointing that a Blitz Ladder Commander could cast aspersions like this. It's not necessary at all. I used to enjoy my PBEM games here.

The day the Blitz CS Ladder Commander cannot express his opinion is the day he will step down without regret.
07-22-2008, 05:36 AM,
Well i wont get into a debate on this one but i think there should be an option ie want to play with the new fine want to play with the old again fine.This should have been an option built in that way everybody is happy.Same goes for the visibilty rule an option built in to keep everyone pleased.Like it or not but the hard core good scenario designers are going to get fed up and say stuff it ive had enough i cant work a decent scenario around these new changes.Then the game will die as we get bored playing the same ones over and over.We all want improvement to keep the game going but ones that benifict and keep the players happy well 90% of them at least.Cant please everyone.
07-22-2008, 06:06 AM,
We have a poll to register our wishes now, I have to say, with all due respect to others and their views, it is becoming increasingly tedious to keep reading the same old comments about why one likes/dislikes the changes. If we were at a business meeting, I'm sure the Chairperson would now say, 'we've heard all the views, now time to vote' ?
The bickering going on in these threads is really bringing the forum down and is off-putting to say the least.
Glint