• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Need to get this right, the first time.
05-24-2007, 03:06 AM,
RE:��Need to get this right, the first time.
RedDevil Wrote:Huib, If Dell is still shipping XP, that's a major policy change from 2 months ago when I bought my new Dell.
I even had a top exec email me stating XP was no longer available, to which I replied then why is your company still selling it in the software section of your online sales as part # A038860 for 199$?

Yes it was a major policy change and not one that Microsoft was happy with. I think that is why the news made it in the newspaper. Four weeks ago I go my new (company) laptop which is a Dell Latitude D820 with XP installed.
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2007, 03:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-24-2007, 03:14 AM by RedDevil.)
RE: Need to get this right, the first time.
Cheers for that!
Serves them Vista Goons, right pushing the envelope a bit to far to soon..

Seems to be for business only tho, not the home users, but nothing a phone call couldn't get fixed :)

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
05-24-2007, 06:05 AM,
To solve all probs get a pirate version of XP Pro just dont set for automatic downloads.Yep i do have XP Pro original just giving out my thoughts.Hell Gates is a con man just tweaks a few codes here and there and charges everybody a small fortune because 99% of PC's use windows.Granted we all like new things etc but just how greedy can one induvidual get.Time to start up a hate Bill Gates site maybe.
05-24-2007, 07:06 AM,
I would echo the advice about hard disk size. I got a 250 gig when I built a new PC at the start of last year, and it's already chocka with music, videos, camcorder footage and games. Am seriously thinking about a second 250 gig.....hard disk space is so cheap.

BTW if you feel reasonably confident with PCs I would recommend to anyone that they give building a PC from components a go. Lots of research involved into components, but I saved, conservatively, at least 33%. I ended up spending about US$1400 for a system that Dell would have charged probably US$2000 for, or more.
05-24-2007, 07:15 AM,
I echo Ivan's thoughts, if you can afford the HDD get it, 500 Gigs might seem like a lot now but it will fill up quickly..
I have a 250 and a 300 external and still have a dozen camcorder tapes to go thru yet... Prolly be picking up another 3 - 500 external soon.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
05-24-2007, 01:17 PM,
05-24-2007, 11:49 PM,
The more memory the better off you are. It may seem like a lot but if you use your computer for other things, even upgrades to things like Adobe, QuickTime, etc wind up eating memory over time
05-25-2007, 07:48 AM,
05-25-2007, 08:46 AM,
yep 2 kids and every B-day and Christmas and Easter and whatever else that has been filmed for 13 years :)

it adds up to A LOT of film LOL
05-27-2007, 05:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-27-2007, 05:11 AM by Thor.)