• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

OT- Harpoon 3
04-02-2007, 05:02 AM,
RE:��OT- Harpoon 3
Fubar Wrote:I thought WITP was about average price wise for a digital download game.....i'm thinking of reinstalling UV again and if i can get into it then maybe getting WITP. Are there any mods for either game?

cheers

I don't know about UV but there are alot of good mods for WITP.
This game is well worth the price.
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2007, 07:01 AM,
RE: OT- Harpoon 3
Huib Wrote:Is this a full realism game like SHIII? If it is of the same quality I might give it a try... breaking my head when manually targetting and calculating angle on the bow etc....

Huib

Have you seen the SHIII community manual...

http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/in...=Main_Page

There's some good stuff on there.

cheers
04-02-2007, 11:43 PM,
RE:��OT- Harpoon 3
Fubar Wrote:I thought WITP was about average price wise for a digital download game.....i'm thinking of reinstalling UV again and if i can get into it then maybe getting WITP. Are there any mods for either game?

cheers

There are a ton of mods out there for WitP, it seems much less so for UV. Most of the UV mods are more of the better sounds or better art types, although there are a few alternate scenarios.

For WitP, there are many, many mods available. Everything from revised maps to more accurate OOBs to full-on "what-if" scenarios. There are also quite a few modified scenarios that keep the same basic information as the original scenarios, but tweak the air combat models (using plane/AA characteristics) or the reinforcement rates. KTN and I are using the BigB modified scenario (mostly an air combat tweak combined with modified plane reinforcement rates) with Andrew Brown's extended map (adds some previously off-map areas like the Panama Canal and Aden in the Middle East).
04-03-2007, 01:54 AM,
Sounds cool...i'm reinstalling UV ATM so i'll give it a try tonight, WITP covers the whole war doesn't it?
Where do you guys get all these mods from, i tried Googling it and all i found was the latest patch and a couple of old websites that seemed long dead.

cheers
04-03-2007, 02:54 AM,
04-03-2007, 04:17 AM,
Many thanks for those links, i'm just DL'ing the UV patch then i'll have a look at those mods. Big Grin

I'm liking the sound of WITP more and more....could be time for a new purchase.

cheers
04-03-2007, 09:52 AM,
I give WITP a big thumbs up!
It's a bigger version of UV because it deals with the whole Pacific.
When playing as the Japs you have to deal with production of planes and always keeping an eye on your oil and resources.
Things are a little easier for the allies but as the war goes on they will have to deal with more unitsBig Grin
Doing turns on the other hand. It takes alot longerBig Grin
Just ask Panther BaitBig Grin For the allies it's easy in 41. You have to repair all of your shipsCry
Panther Bait is going to smack me around for while but the clock is ticking. Then it will be my turn:kill: