• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Berlin 1946 New Revision Complete
05-05-2024, 11:49 PM,
RE: Berlin 1946 New Revision Complete
(04-27-2024, 03:43 PM)zap Wrote: Hi Dan I played your first version. What would you say are the changes to your new version?

Mr. Zap!

Good to hear from you.
The original version, frankly, wasn't finished.

The reason was self inflicted, in my rush to publish I didn't completely test it.

I can promise you now, after playing it through as the Russians vs. the AI it's better balanced.

As for specific changes, most of it was reducing German strength, especially those outside the city.
Then I moved the length to 60 turns, and gave both southern and northern Russian commanders a final wave of reinforcements starting Turn 40.

The goal here is two fold.

SOLO PLAY
Anyone playing the AI should take the Russians and teach the AI a lesson, ending in a satisfying, if bloody, victory standing on the Chancellery smoking victory cigars.  I don't normally create scenario for solo play vs. the AI but in this case it works really well.  Frankly, it may be the best way to play it.

H2H
It works 2v2, or 2v1 if one guy takes all the Germans.
Like that...it plays conventionally...victory points being what they are...but also doesn't preclude smoking victory cigars should you get to the Reichstag.  You'll earn it...;)

Regards,

Dan
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Berlin 1946 New Revision Complete - by Scud - 04-27-2024, 10:40 AM
RE: Berlin 1946 New Revision Complete - by zap - 04-27-2024, 03:43 PM
RE: Berlin 1946 New Revision Complete - by Dan Caviness - 05-05-2024, 11:49 PM