• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Salerno43: Anzio OOB - T30 HMC vs M4A1 Mortar Carrier?
01-13-2024, 01:54 PM,
Salerno43: Anzio OOB - T30 HMC vs M4A1 Mortar Carrier?
I had this posted up at the WDS forums and wasn't getting any response so I thought I'd try over here.

I was poking around in the OOB for Anzio in Salerno43 and I noticed a unit that may be using a component/graphic that may not be historically correct.

If you look under VI Corps > 3rd (Marne) Inf Div > 7th Infantry Regiment > Cannon/7 you will notice it's using the component for the 'T30 HMC' and it's unit class is 'Half Track' and it's unit type is 'Mortar'.

In game, it's represented on the map with this NATO symbol highlighted in red:

[Image: T30HMC.png]

So according to the parameters set in the OOB and the NATO symbol you would expect this unit to be some sort of half tracked motor carriage equipped with a mortar.

However you will notice on the unit card, it's showing a T30 HMC equipped with a 75mm Howitzer which clearly is not correct. In doing a little research, the US Army did in fact have a half tracked motor carriage equipped with an 81mm mortar in the early war called an M4A1:

http://www.wardrawings.be/WW2/Files/1-V ... s/M4A1.htm

In 1944 I believe this unit was upgraded to an M21 but I think it was too late to appear at Anzio. Nonetheless, might this have been some sort of simplification or oversight when making the OOB and the corresponding unit card/graphic?

Thoughts?

-Mark
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Salerno43: Anzio OOB - T30 HMC vs M4A1 Mortar Carrier? - by MisterMark - 01-13-2024, 01:54 PM