• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Shader Glass
07-29-2023, 05:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-16-2023, 08:09 PM by Sean.)
Shader Glass
In a lot of my PC Games I use something called Reshade to change the graphics a bit.
It allows changing of colour/bloom/depth of field/fisheye view/chromatic aberration and similar fun graphical treats.
In the WDS/JTS games howver Reshade does not work.
Reshade needs Direct X 9/10/11 or OpenGL games to work basically (all the new games since 2000 in general).
I wanted something that does similar for the graphics used in WDS games.
I have found it.

It is called ShaderGlass ,see

https://mausimus.itch.io/shaderglass

You can make the glass go full screen using CTRL SHIFT G at same time.
(when in full screen if you alt tab to your Shader Glass window you can press "m" for menu and then make adjustments on the fly -note that your game is visible thru the glass so you can see changes instantly , then press m again to close menu tab ,and then alt tab to game again.Sounds more complicated than it is.)

I suggest using the little window until you find a shader you like.

There is a menu at top of window screen.
Pick Shader pick NONE for starters.
Input PIXEL SIZE pick  x1.
Output SCALE pick 100%.
Output FRAME SKIP pick none (default is/2 ,I think none is better, no expert but in FPS game this seems to be smoother)

You can save the basic options ,choose save and then maybe create a folder in Documents(anywhere really) and call it BASIC ,then load that when you start the app. Makes it easier. Then as you make some variations you like ,save them with a catchy name ,like Cartoon1 or Blur 1 ,etc.

This app works pretty good for FPS games as well.
Note though that game must be in a WINDOW or more importantly ,for an FPS game for example in BORDERLESS WINDOW. Else the app does not work on TRUE FULLSCREEN.

Then just experiment to see if you like any of the SHADERS ,I would suggest look in this SHADER TAB for your first changes.
Not sure if 2 shaders can be operative at once.
Only played with it for 10 minutes.
When the app is operating a yellow border is shown on edges of windows screen ,even when GLASS is in small window. This is ,I assume to remind user that app is operative.
Thought other users of the WDS games might be interested.
Have not tried JTS Campaign Series yet.
It would probably work there too.
In case you want to turn it off ,assuming it is full screen then ALT F4 should exit the app.
((There is a more enhanced version of the app available on GitHub ,but I dont even know how to start it ,I am sure developer types might have more fun with that version maybe.)) I am sticking with the version I linked. Good enough for me.

Worth a look.

EDIT-
my 4th post gives some shaders I have tweaked for WDS games.
Maybe give it a whirl.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Shader Glass - by Sean - 07-29-2023, 05:39 PM
RE: Shader Glass - by Sean - 07-29-2023, 05:51 PM
RE: Shader Glass - by Sean - 07-30-2023, 01:08 PM
RE: Shader Glass - by Sean - 08-16-2023, 08:00 PM
RE: Shader Glass - by Sean - 08-16-2023, 08:07 PM
RE: Shader Glass - by Sean - 08-16-2023, 08:45 PM