• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Battle of Wolomin release
06-23-2023, 10:05 AM,
RE: Battle of Wolomin release
(06-23-2023, 02:49 AM)Big Ivan Wrote: The text document is pretty revealing and you did a nice job on that Tony. 

The battle or engagement has always been an interest of mine. The Soviets rolled up to the Vistula river and threw a couple of bridgeheads across it. One of the larger ones was at Magnuszew SE of Warsaw I believe. There the Germans were able to contain it for a time. That was around 8/8/44. Your scenario takes place before that by about a week if the date holds and it seems to be at another area of the front altogether.

It might be an interesting 2x2 team game for sure. I noticed the Soviets have a marked advantage in aircraft so German AA units will be important.

Thanks for the early look see Tony! Wink

Yeah, as for the ultimate count of T-34/85's, I'm not sure. I went with the ORG provided by the game when inputting June or July 1944. I pretty much deployed the whole Corps - Division - Brigade depicted by the historical map and then went to work snipping it. To reflect the attrition of war. There seems to be a decent balance of all the primaries..T34/40, T34/m43, T34/85, SU-85, SU-152, IS-2.
 Plus the noted fact of 'understrength panzer divisions'. I hollowed them out real well. Practically shells of their former selves.
I did add a regiment of Tigers and IS-2 Stalins. Just for the fun of it. There are recorded accounts of them both participating in the battle. The scenario file name is tankfight.xxx after all. 

The beautiful map is dozens of hours using Google earth, plus historical info, photos, and maps. 

Please feel free to use it, or parts of it, for future scenarios. 

Tankertony>>>
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Battle of Wolomin release - by Tankertony - 06-22-2023, 09:37 AM
RE: Battle of Wolomin release - by zap - 06-22-2023, 11:54 AM
RE: Battle of Wolomin release - by Big Ivan - 06-22-2023, 01:05 PM
RE: Battle of Wolomin release - by zap - 06-23-2023, 07:04 AM
RE: Battle of Wolomin release - by Big Ivan - 06-23-2023, 02:49 AM
RE: Battle of Wolomin release - by Tankertony - 06-23-2023, 10:05 AM
RE: Battle of Wolomin release - by Big Ivan - 06-23-2023, 09:28 AM